Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 7:06:30 PM EDT
If I'm wrong on this don't abuse me too much.  

Can I run a RRA PDS (or any other bufferless 5.56 system) on a lower with a buffer set up for 9mm?
My thought is to facilate caliber changes without too much of a compromise in function and reliably if any.
I really want do to this type of a setup so I can shoot any of my base ammo .22, 5.56, & 9mm.

A sidebar question; Can I move a .22 conversion for an AR around from gun to gun or do they brake in to the unit that they were originally run in, and run the risk of damage if moved?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
9mm buffer will work just fine in a 5.56 rifle*.  Lots of people running their guns that way.  That said, I believe RRA has warned against trying to use their PDS uppers on standard lowers, something about the BCG smacking into the back of the receiver if you do.
*(unless you're running one of the extended 9mm buffers.)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top