Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2002 2:34:03 AM EDT
Yesterday, I bought my first Rock River Arms AR-15.  I've had a Bushmaster M4 and still have a Colt MT6700.  The configuration I got was the M4 Entry Tactical upper on a Elite Tactical lower.  The fit and finish on this rifle is excellent.  The weight of the gun is absolutely incredible.  I was only able to go to the indoor range yesterday which is 25 yards, but I was able to shoot 8" groups with iron sights with just my left hand holding the rifle while standing.  I was thoroughly amazed at how nice that National Match 2 stage trigger was.  The trigger is smooth as glass and breaks off crisp at what I think is under 2 pounds (I had a 3# trigger in a Wilson Combat and this is MUCH lighter than that).  From a sandbag with the irons, I was able to shoot .2" groups at 25 yards consistently.  I'm still somewhat of an AR newbie and new to rifles of any sorts in general so please don't tell me that you can shoot .002" at that distance.  The .2" group for me was AWESOME considering I bought my first AR (the Bushy) in March of this year, sold it in April of this year, and didn't get the Colt until September of this year.  I've only got about 3 months experience overall with rifles.  The other thing I really like about the RRA over the Bushy I had is that it is soooooo much quieter.  That damned Mini-Y comp on the Bushy is too loud for my liking.

After having owned a Bushy, still owning a Colt, and now the proud owner of a RRA, the RRA is definitely my favorite of all three.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yea you got the BUG ! Good shooting. But cant belive they let you shoot 223 in a indoor range of 25 yards wow down here they would shoot back! Was just wondering is there a break on the RRA ? 3 AR's in less than a year YEA you been Bit! HAVE FUN !
        P.S. I have had the bushy M-4 and yes it's a ear killer!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I've got the bug.  When I originally bought the Bushy, I was only a member at the indoor range.  Shooting an AR-15 exclusively indoors, stationary, and at short distances just wasn't that much fun for me so I sold it.  A couple of months later, I joined an outdoor range with 50yd "action" pits and a 100, 200, and 300 yard rifle range.  The guy I sold the Bushy to went with me one time and I really enjoyed that gun much better at the longer distances, while moving, and while being outdoors.  It was still too damn loud for me to enjoy the Bushy.  I had several nice 1911's and ended up doing an even trade on one for the Colt I have.  I really enjoy it for long range and some plinking, but it's not that great while on the move and going down narrow hallways in the "action" pits thus I wanted an M4.  After some recent financial troubles passed, I had the money to get that M4 I had been wanting and chose the Rock River Arms.  Only time will tell on that one, but I sure do like it right now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top