Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/10/2004 8:21:54 AM EST
I just bought a RRA lower with an A2 butt stock. I am replacing it with a collapsible butt stock, but the buffer tube is on there all tight-like, I think it is loc-tite'd. I've been struggling with it a little bit . Any help will be appreciated, thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:27:29 AM EST
If it has loctite, you will need to use heat to break it loose. Clamp the receiver,warm the thread area with a propane torch as you apply torque to the wrench. It will come off.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:29:39 AM EST
I did the same thing couple of weeks ago. Didn't want to strip the threads. Just used the correct wrench and I braced it against the floor and turned. It eased right off, my son (stonger that me) just held onto his and turned. We had a great father/son time putting on the collapsable stocks.

BTW..he finished his first.
Good luck
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:52:47 AM EST
Thanks but none of that works. I tried to heat it too, but no dice. What the hell rock river arms, what were you thinking. Can anyone give me any other hints?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:05:08 AM EST
I have not tried this but it could work, If you put a hex head bolt in the buffer tube threaded hole
(from the inside ) and put a nut on the end of the bolt that comes out the rear of the buffer tube
would this allow you to use a socket with a long extention and a rechet to lousen the buffer tube ?

Sorry if this sounds complicated.

Court 223 (aka Court in FL.)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:57:37 PM EST
Thanks to everyone who helped me. I finally got it. It was a lot harder than it should have been.
Top Top