Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 1:21:20 PM EDT
i just got a Rock River Entry Tactical and I'm looking for accessories. I'm still not sure about going ACOG or Eotech, as well as what BUIS to use if I go Eotech (Thinking about RRA dominator mount). I figure I don't need a laser or IR laser, but a light would be nice, any recommendations? Also, if I go with the Eotech, can I get a gun mounted night vision optic and where/what would I get. Thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Why bother reading?

It's overrated anyways.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why bother reading?

It's overrated anyways.

+1

whats the point of the different forums like the "optics", "lasers" and what not.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
First post and they are already blasting you...

Any way,
Congrates on the new carbine...

I agree with you about a light, its a good thing to have... Surefire 951 series is what I use, I think you would like it too...

As for the ACOG or Eotech, If your going to set up a CQB carbine, I recommend the Eotech... The Eotech is night vision compatible but I don't know of any weapon mounted NV that will co-witness with it, the Eotech is more suitable to be used with NVG's or mono NV... You can however get a NVD that will mount onto the gun along with the Eotech, they will both just work independently... Your probably better off asking about the NV in the optics forum due to the various types that are available...

BUIS is a hard one to recommend because there are so many available and most are good quality and do about the same thing... You might want to look at the ARMS #40 or GG&G...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Everyone's looking for the easy answers. No one wants to do any research any more. It's not just these boards, it's a societal issue. I swear, we do more work sometimes making a sale than dealers do. I worked in retail for years and I got asked questions like this all the time.

NFrank, welcome to the boards. There are a lot of knowledgable people here who are willing to help you but it will always be more efficient if you provide as much information on how you intend to use your rifle. There are a seemingly infinite variety of all types of AR accessories available and I can understand how choosing what you hope are the right ones seems like a daunting task. With that being said, you will always learn more if you search for information because you will find that you find answers to questions you did not initially have.

If you're serious about ARs, the single best investment you can make is a basic Team Membership for these boards. A Bronze grade year long membership costs less than 7 cents per day ($24/year) and gives you the ability to search back further than 30 days (90 days to be exact) and it will give you access to the Archive which contains hundreds of thousands posts going back 4 yrs. The wealth of information available in the Archive is astounding and worth every penny. The money you will save by not making a bad gear purchase will cover the $24 yearly membership.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone's looking for the easy answers. No one wants to do any research any more. It's not just these boards, it's a societal issue. I swear, we do more work sometimes making a sale than dealers do. I worked in retail for years and I got asked questions like this all the time.

If you don't feel like answering a question then move on...  No use upsetting the new guys that are looking for help... Kicking people in the ass that want to learn doesn't help anyone out, just irritates the hell out of some... Hell, I posted about 20-30 times before I decided to become a paid member... I sure as hell wouldn't of wanted to pay money to have my ass kicked... Being a little more patient with people will bring more memberships, sarcastic ass whoopins just chases people away...

It would get kind of boring around here if everyone was just reading and not asking questions...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lastly, I can't help you with Night Vision, but at least you know that I won't make up answers, if nothing else my ramblings should give you a few ideas to think about.

Yeah, but that rambling is pretty good advice...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You know me, any excuse to post pictures....

It wouldn't be a Stickman post without one of your fantastic pics!

I think I'll bookmark this thread and just cut & paste it for the next time the question comes up.  I'm far too lazy to retype it.
I'm starting to do that myself. As a matter of fact, I answered 2 posts that had the exact same question by copying and pasting from post from the first post to the later. Very strange when that happens.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You know me, any excuse to post pictures....

It wouldn't be a Stickman post without one of your fantastic pics!

I think I'll bookmark this thread and just cut & paste it for the next time the question comes up.  I'm far too lazy to retype it.
I'm starting to do that myself. As a matter of fact, I answered 2 posts that had the exact same question by copying and pasting from post from the first post to the later. Very strange when that happens.

I totally agree, Stickman's pics are fantastic and defines excellency...
And I'm with you guys, I have a copy and past collection from a few of my replies that I use over and over again... Kind of goes along with the same questions that get asked over and over again...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
First post and they are already blasting you...hr

If you don't feel like answering a question then move on...  No use upsetting the new guys that are looking for help... Kicking people in the ass that want to learn doesn't help anyone out, just irritates the hell out of some... Hell, I posted about 20-30 times before I decided to become a paid member... I sure as hell wouldn't of wanted to pay money to have my ass kicked... Being a little more patient with people will bring more memberships, sarcastic ass whoopins just chases people away...

+1 here
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
First post and they are already blasting you...[rolleye]

It's what some do best, it's the morning cup of coffee for themhock.gifhy.gif
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top