Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2018 7:22:00 PM EDT
Haven't heard back from them yet.

Does anyone know if Trijicon will offer an RMR with a battery box that can be accessed without removing the optic?

It is LITERALLY the only thing keeping me from buying one over the Deltapoint....
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Does anyone know if Trijicon will offer an RMR with a battery box that can be accessed without removing the optic?

It is LITERALLY the only thing keeping me from buying one over the Deltapoint....
View Quote
Why is this such a big deal? 5 minutes once a year with 15 rounds to confirm zero again.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
If the battery will last for daily carry (16 hours), then I misspoke.  I can get to the range once a year at best.

I guess the other concern would be thread wear taking the unit on and off repeatedly.

Regards
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the battery will last for daily carry (16 hours), then I misspoke.  I can get to the range once a year at best.

I guess the other concern would be thread wear taking the unit on and off repeatedly.

Regards
View Quote
The RMR's battery lasts 1-2 years depending on brightness settings.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Have three RMRs, replacing batteries is two screws and loctite, done.  Zero has never changed.

Didn't even need to zero the most recent RMR.  Took the RMR out of the box, screwed it onto the slide and it was on target with zero adjustment.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Regards
View Quote
So in summary @Cooper1 if you were not aware, the battery lasts a long time. I change it on my daughter's birthday just to be safe on my carry gun. I am another that's going on 2 years with the same battery.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Regards
View Quote
You can only get to the range once a year?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 6:10:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
seriously, you really expecting an answer on this from them... any time soon?

Quoted:
View Quote
maybe the new Aimpoint Acro is worth looking at for you, battery compartment is on the side.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top