Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/25/2004 5:51:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 5:55:40 PM EST by bobbyjack]
The rifle in question is ST25XX It is like NIB Question should I do anything to it?

I don't want to shorten the barrel,but a collapsable stock might make it eaiser to handle!

It shoots real good at the present 8/3 6 should I just live with it as I won't be CQ anytime soon!

I hope!! But my daughter would shoot it also(she doesn't have thirty inch arms) but I wounder if it would look too PC?

Bob
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:57:30 PM EST
I had one of these Sporter Targets in the past and I really liked it. Mine was small pivot without the factory hole for the front pivot spring and detent, how about yours?

What you are asking is about the same as I just bought a new truck. Should I leave it alone or add any upgrades!

Personally, I like extra uppers and stocks. If your lower is small pivot I would get a nice carbine upper for her. If you like the looks of the CAR stock, I would add the CAR stock. Hell, I like a more agressive tire on my truck then came on the truck from the factory and I like to swap out parts on my ARs for the same reason.... because I can!

Enjoy the rifle, it is a great model!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:32:29 PM EST
No it's a big hole front pin upper(screws and all) I know I can buy a modification pin for 15.00 but it looks like it just folds over like!

I will just try to find a better way to go from large pin to small!

Thanks for your reply!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:45:31 PM EST
Large pin lowers with small pin uppers are a bit of a PITA if you care for my oppinion. Personally, I would look for a used large pivot upper or simply buy a small pivot AR-15 for your daughter then try to use the adapter pins. The only large pin Colt I ever owned was an R6600 and after trying to get that stupid adapter pin out one too many times when it rotated while firing and stuck I decided to never buy another large pivot and I havent and I may have bought and sold as many as a dozen ARs since then...

Good Luck but used large pivot uppers are quite reasonable.
Top Top