Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 4/21/2007 7:16:56 PM EDT
I hope I am posting this in the right place. I just purchased a Bushmaster AR, I am new to these rifles so if this is a stupid question I apologize in advance. My question is about the gasblock assembly. Is the part that is pictured below with the red pen pointing to it removable with out taking off the gas block ( I dont mind using a dremel to cut it in half to get it off the barrel)The reason I ask is I was wondering if I could get a mid-length 9" free float like a Daniel Defense or Troy Ind., I want a free float that covers the gas block. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 7:58:26 PM EDT
I think you could do it with a dremel, but I think you would tear up your gas block & or barrel/gas tube in the process. It is really not to hard to unscrew the FH and drive the pins out of the gas block from left to right, and slide the gasblock with gas tube attatched off the barrel, then remove the handguard cap, and re-install.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:14:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By coyotesilencer:
I think you could do it with a dremel, but I think you would tear up your gas block & or barrel/gas tube in the process. It is really not to hard to unscrew the FH and drive the pins out of the gas block from left to right, and slide the gasblock with gas tube attatched off the barrel, then remove the handguard cap, and re-install.

Good Luck

I live in NY and the damn FH is pinned and welded to the barrel Lame, looks like off to the gunsmith I go.
Top Top