Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 7:07:36 AM EDT
I have a buddy offering me a buddy deal on a post ban 6601. I'd love to buy it but I'm wondering...

A) How well does a 1:7 barrel shoot 55 gr stuff? I have a ton of 55 gr FMK and JSP sitting around.

B) Never mind, just talked to Fulton Armory about this one...

C) How does the 6601 stack up, accuracy wise, against other rifles billed as target rifles?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I ran a 6601 upper with a TA-11D ACOG and XM193 and bipod.
1" Shoot N See circles at will from 100 yards.
The 6601 is roughly 8 1/2 lbs

Get it cut down and threaded for a Vortex.
You'll have a 17" "carbine".
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I'm a big guy, 8.5 lbs doesn't bother me to much.  

Does adding a flash suppressor have any impact on accuracy?

Paul
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
A properly installed FH should not have a negative effect on accuracy............

however.......

The USAMTU did a test on this very subject a few years back and found that the FH did, in fact, cause a small loss of accuracy when it was installed according to mil spec. That's about 25 ft. lb. tight. This test was repeated time and time again and a control group was used. They surmounted that problem by installing the FH only "hand tight" and fixing it in place with a few drops of Loctite 242 (blue) on the threads. I've done it and it works.

They figured that when the FH was tightened to mil spec it was actually distorting the muzzle crown slightly and that was causing their groups to go up in size. In the real world, most AR shooters will never be able to tell any difference because many of them can't hold hard enough, use ammo that isn't that consistant anyway, and many barrels are not capable of that kind of accuracy to begin with.

But you asked about accuracy .
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I read here that the Vortex increases accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

But you asked about accuracy .

Informed opinions are a wonderful thing - thank you!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top