Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 11:44:43 AM EDT
I took a look at Colt's new and improved website today, and jumped for joy when I saw an MT6601C - this IS a new model, at least I THINK it is. I think they remade all their rifles, but the new ones have compensators on them. Now for the questions:

1 - Do the new models ( not the MT6400C Carbine ) have standard lock pins and better triggers ( MT6601 had an 8lb. trigger when I tried it )?
2 - Are most of the fire control parts standard sizes?
3 - Is is easy to take the comp off?

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Dammit. Just when I was getting my hopes up. But hold on, isn't the 6400 an exception to this rule?

WHEN WILL THEY CHANGE FOR GOD'S SAKE
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I can tell you that the trigger is still very heavy.  I think a little polishing or maybe the [url=http://www.geocities.com/molonlaberkba/triggerjob.html]15 Minute Trigger Job[/url] would help out a great deal.

The comps are just pinned on and can easily be removed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.

You know, I can feel the onset of the Black Rifle Fever, and I don't even own one yet.... Is this normal?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Troy,

When did the LEO rifles go to the large pins?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks.

You know, I can feel the onset of the Black Rifle Fever, and I don't even own one yet.... Is this normal?
View Quote

Yes it is. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Good, good! I thought I was going crazy when I first saw an AR up close. Very comparable to getting a wood after seeing a really hot chick sashay on by...  

But DAMN, ARs are addictive. Probably like drugs... : P I might want a Garand, then see a photo of an AR and change my mind instantly...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top