Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/15/2004 11:52:54 AM EST
I am putting the finishing touches on my first AR and I am unable to mount both my scope and BUIS at the same time. I have a standard A3 upper receiver with a Badger handguard and I am using ARMS 22 High rings, a Leupold MR/T, and a YHM rear flip up. Any recommendations? I have tried moving the scope as far forward as I can without exceeding the eye relief limitations and I still can't clear the sight. I'd rather not have to buy a whole new set of mounts, but I am not sure that a spacer (i.e. ARMS 36) is the best solution, either. In reality, I will never need the BUIS to save my life and I could keep it off the rifle until I want to use it. I am just lazy and would prefer to not have to continually remove and replace the rear sight every time I switch back to shooting irons. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:49:02 PM EST
The cheapest solution would be to get a riser of some sort. Personally, I like the YHM 5-inch rail extension.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:30:42 PM EST

I'd rather not have to buy a whole new set of mounts, but I am not sure that a spacer (i.e. ARMS 36) is the best solution, either. In reality, I will never need the BUIS to save my life and I could keep it off the rifle until I want to use it.

You answered your own question.
Or get a GG&G scout rail
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:27:05 AM EST
Get one of the ARMS #38 sleeves, they are the originals and have the rear sight built into the rail. Then you only need to use med. ht. rings from then on.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:36:00 AM EST
Here's a Yankee Hill handguard, LaRue tactical scope mount, Yankee Hill low profile BUIS. IOR M2 scope

Top Top