Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 12:02:32 PM EDT
First, I have learned so much from you guys on this forum, thanks. I recently bought a DPMS AR-15, my question is when the AWB expires can I have a flash surpressor put on even though my barrel is not threaded? Or would I have to buy a new barrel, my current barrel is 16". Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome

to answer your question, yes you can have a FS (flash suppressor) put on your barrel. However you have to send it to someone like Adco, or a good local gunsmith, to have the barrel threaded so that you can install a suppressor. No you don't have to have the barrel cut to 16". Do that only if you want a carbine instead.

edit to add: I noticed you live in NY so you definitely want to check your state laws before doing anything. and from what I understand NY has very liberal gun laws so having a FS may not be legal in NY.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. I'll  look into it, I also wanted to get a collapisble stock but that may be illegal in NY as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thank you. I'll  look into it, I also wanted to get a collapisble stock but that may be illegal in NY as well.

Good idea.  Check out the Hometown Board for NY, someone there should know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
DO NOT do this!

New York has a statewide assault weapons ban that is almost identical to the federal ban. The federal ban will probably expire in September - the state ban does not!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
DO NOT do this!

New York has a statewide assault weapons ban that is almost identical to the federal ban. The federal ban will probably expire in September - the state ban does not!

Thank ol' Schumer for that. Why not just move down to Texas and never have to worry about a thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Young manufacturing makes a "muzzle brake" that looks just like an A2 Flash Hider. Email me if interested, they are $30 shipped and attach via 5 set screws. Let me know and I'll send you some pics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
ThePrisoner72

Welcome to the site, If you are in L.I. come out with us and meet some of the nicest gun gurus in our group, they will be able to help you with any questions.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the boards.  Like the other guys pointed out, know your state laws and you'll be a happy camper (not because of the laws... more because your ass is still out of jail )

- BUCC_Guy
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top