Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2002 10:01:37 AM EDT
I recently purchased a used 22 conversion which I want to use on my M16.  The guy selling it did not know if it had the extra parts for full-auto or not.  I received the kit today and it is for semi use only, the sear trip and weight are not present.  I know I can order the parts from Ciener, but I am impatient and want to shoot it this weekend.  I can make these 2 parts, but I don't know what I need to make.

Here is my guess.

I need to make a piece to trip the auto-sear.  Is this piece fixed to the bottom of the conversion, or does it move?  From the looks of the picture, the sear trip does not move.  I also need to add a weight to the unit.  Is this there to slow the ROF down?  How much weight do I need to add?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I would bet as long as you dont go "rock & roll" the kit should work fine. It would suck to have to shoot in semi auto though. [:(]

Have fun at the range!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The trip is just a sheet metal frame that clips onto the 2 notches.  The weight is a half circle about 1/8 thick that slides fore and aft to prevent bolt bounce; you really need it or it will fire 2-3rds and then stop, it's not just a weight.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The two parts are listed for $15 each on the spare parts list that cmae with mine.  Just depends on what your time is worth to you.  Like you said, with nothing to work from it might take a while to build.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top