Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 1:32:49 PM EDT
I have a legal question on the transfer of lowers to my local FFL dealer.  Me along with a couple friends purchased AR15 Lowers for a quantity discount.  It was all payed with one credit card and then we were just planning on each person picking there lower up from the FFL.  The FFL dealer I sent them too says that since they were shipped to my name that I have to pick them up.  I don't think this right but I may be wrong.  Does anyone know for sure?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It should not be any different than if he received them from a wholesale distributor.

Each person fills out their own paper, background, etc., leaves with their lower.  Should not matter who paid for them.

Of course, he would probably be within his rights to charge each person a transfer fee since he has to do paperwork for everyone instead of the one set he thought he was getting into.

Not to add insult to injury, but might have been a good question to ask the FFL on the front side.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
More people means more transfers, more paperwork and more money. Plus it really doens't matter what any FFL or anyone else for that matter thinks. You are going to have to do what the FFL that is transfering them to you says regardlerss of what is right or wrong.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
When I talked to them the first time they didn't say it would be a problem.  We were told that it would be a $20 per lower and that was fine as well.

ETA  I didn't know if this was actually a legal issue?  I didn't think so, but they though it was.  They said because of the 1st question on the FFL, it has to be the orginal purchaser.  I took that to mean that you were filing the paper work out so you were buying the gun for yourself.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top