User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 2:46:38 AM EDT
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
By the time you buy all the Special tools that you would need just to remove the barrel you could just send it to www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices.cfm and come out way ahead.  The threads on the barrel are 1/2x28 and the barrel has to be turned back some where around 1/2" I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you the exact dimensions.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not really comfortable shipping a gun through the mail, even if it is just the upper. Plus I know a few othr people who want theirs done, so I can do theirs and make up for the cost of the tools hopefully.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
You will need a receiver vice block and a barrel wrench.  Headspacing will not be affected as this is set at the factory.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/om-003.asp

www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=TL-MW
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I work for an FFL. We mail long guns and uppers all the time. Don't be scared.

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You will need a receiver vice block and a barrel wrench.  Headspacing will not be affected as this is set at the factory.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/om-003.asp

www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=TL-MW

Thanks, just what I wanted to know. I thought that was all I needed.

Still need to know where to get the Handguard, And the thread specs though.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Ask Kurt in the Industry section Kurts Kustom Firearms.  He's an AR guru and damn good machinist/gunsmith.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ask Kurt in the Industry section Kurts Kustom Firearms.  He's an AR guru and damn good machinist/gunsmith.

K thanks, sent him an email.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#8]
New Question added
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#9]
get the phantom and the YHM from Brightflashlights in the industry forum.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When I remove my barrel to have it threaded will I need to check my headspacing when I reassemble it? It is the chrome lined HBAR 1/9 Bushmaster Barrel.  As long as its the same bolt and barrel the headspace will not have changed upon disassembly/reassembly.

Also where is the best place to get the Phantom 52c from, and YHM's 2 Piece 4 rail aluminum handguard, and the tools needed for the barrel removal.

Thanks,
Josh

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I remove my barrel to have it threaded will I need to check my headspacing when I reassemble it? It is the chrome lined HBAR 1/9 Bushmaster Barrel.  As long as its the same bolt and barrel the headspace will not have changed upon disassembly/reassembly.

Also where is the best place to get the Phantom 52c from, and YHM's 2 Piece 4 rail aluminum handguard, and the tools needed for the barrel removal.

Thanks,
Josh

Thats what I thought but im new to this so I wanted to make sure everything was OK before hand..... Got a bunch of parts headed my way now :)

YHM 2 Peice Handguard
Phantom FS
DPMS Multitool, Upper Vice Block, Punch Set
First Samco Grip
And lots of other Misc things :)

Now I just got to order the skeleton stock that I want :). And hope that all my barrel threading stuff goes ok :p

Thanks for all your help everyone. I hope to become a contributing member to this forum as I learn more, and will be doing a membership donation as soon as I get some spare funds into my paypal account :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top