Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 2:39:38 PM EDT
I would like to buy an LMT upper this week.  What should I expect it to look like, the top pic (shiny) or bottom pic (very rough phosphate finish)? Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the shiny one is just oiled and has the sunlight reflecting on it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Both these barrels have the same finish...The top one is just oiled down real well.  When my barrel is completely dry it looks like the one on the bottom, and after a good oiling it will look a bit shiney...It's just hard to see in the pictures.

-Mike
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The bottom pic is mine. I had the chance to CLP it today, and while heavily oiled the marks were not really noticeable. After I wiped more and more, the marks started showing, although not as much above. Some work, and some or most may go away, don't know.

I know it's not a fashion contest, but I am picky and want something nice for my $$$ until I mark it up myself.

Your first pic is heavily oiled for sure to mask any imperfections if any.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
One week of use and it will look more worn than that anyway, so don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
mine is the dull one also
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I got three uppers last week and they all look like the one on the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I gotta say, I really DO NOT think that upper photo is phosphate and oily.  I could be wrong, but that looks like an entirely different finish (and perhaps fresahly wiped down as well).  Oh well...  asked and answered.  I should assume that the LMT upper will have a military phosphate finish no different than any other.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think the shiny one is just oiled and has the sunlight reflecting on it.

+1
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Will the LMT lower receiver match the upper receiver on the bottom pic?  The one LMT lower I have owned had a purplish tint to it and I sold it.  I was rather unhappy with it actually because of that.  Anyone else have that problem?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Will the LMT lower receiver match the upper receiver on the bottom pic?  The one LMT lower I have owned had a purplish tint to it and I sold it.  I was rather unhappy with it actually because of that.  Anyone else have that problem?

Yes.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top