Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2015 8:38:08 PM EDT
I have a cz 527 bolt action in 762x39.  I'd like to use it for coyote hunting so figured here's my excuse to pickup a luepold firedot scope.  Help me find what I'm looking for. Swfa's website is a pain in the butt to find what I want, especially using my phone.

A set of nice rings came with the rifle which I'd like to utilize to save some cash.

1" tube
3-9 ish variable power range
Duplex reticle with red dot firedot in the center for night hunts
40mm objective

Thanks in advance for the help
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is what you seek. Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm with Firedot Duplex.

There are, of course, many vendors.  This is the first one that came up in the search, and is the vendor from which I bought the tactical version of the same scope, my VX-R Patrol 3-9x40mm Firedot TMR.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-vx-r-3-9-x-40mm-matte-riflescope.html

For hunting consider the Firedot 4 reticle.  That is the more visible in low light German #4 design with Firedot center.  The top vertical line of a duplex is a finer line, and the other three posts are a bit more prominent while still retaining crosshairs in the middle.  On my hunting scopes I have both Duplex and German #4 or 4a, and have come to really like the three post 4 or 4a.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow thanks for the help!  Yes the firedot 4 looks like the one.  I thought the vx-r tubes were all 30mm?  Can't seem to confirm that but I'll investigate.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#3]
All the VX-R scopes I've seen are 30mm. I have 3 and they've all been great for hunting.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, all VX-R models have 30mm main tubes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#5]
The MK AR line has 1 inch tubes and nearly the same feature set except they have a green firedot.

Check out this one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I just ordered the VX R 3-9x40 with firedot 4 reticle.

Had to order new rings in 30mm as Cz did not want to swap my brand new set of 1" rings unfortunately.  Hopefully have it all before the end of this week.

Thanks for the help fellas.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The MK AR line has 1 inch tubes and nearly the same feature set except they have a green firedot.

Check out this one.
View Quote

Except that the glass is about two quality levels lower, however.  Its more than just the color of the dot and the size of the main tube.  Don't get me wrong -- the Mark AR's are a great value, but in low light performance, especially likely in hunting situations, the quality of the glass becomes very important.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, I agree totally. OP said he wanted to keep his 1 inch rings. That seemed like the best solution.

OP  great choice with the VX-R, the money to upgrade and the new rings are well worth it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's to hoping the glass doesn't throw off the feng shui of the handy CZ 527.  Extremely nimble little field gun
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, I agree totally. OP said he wanted to keep his 1 inch rings. That seemed like the best solution.

OP  great choice with the VX-R, the money to upgrade and the new rings are well worth it.
View Quote

I appreciate your input.  I was on the fence about the tube size before I came here.  I figured paying for the new rings would be the small price I pay to just buy once cry once and put together the perfect field gun
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top