Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2003 5:43:21 PM EDT
www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=UR-27A-NM

I noticed the small aperture is offset to the left so that when the aperture is flipped it retains the correct windage plane.  My question is, does anyone know if this is a same-plane aperture vertically/elevation-wise as well?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
This being a NM sight leaf, why would you ever use the ghost ring?  It's not designed to be uses as a battle sight.  You would zero the rifle using the .052 aperature and go from there.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This being a NM sight leaf, why would you ever use the ghost ring?  It's not designed to be uses as a battle sight.  You would zero the rifle using the .052 aperature and go from there.
View Quote

Who cares if it wasn't designed to be a battlesight?  Who cares what it was designed for if it fits my purpose?  That's like saying you can ONLY use an item for which it was designed and nothing else, no matter how many roles it may be capable of filling.  In that case, I hope you're not using your AR for anything but war, because it was NOT designed to be a target shooting rifle (although it fits this role just fine).

Of course I would zero using the small aperture.  The question is when I flip back to the GR, am I going to have to adjust elevation upward or are the apertures on the same verticle plane?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
No, it's not on the same plane.  So yes, you will have to adjust for elevation.

I think Ashely Express has the only same plane sight leaf, but not nearly as small as the NM aperature.

Good luck.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top