Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 8:57:40 PM EDT
I posted this question in the "slings" section here, but I haven't received any feedback yet.  So, hopefully, someone will see it here in the general discussion who can help answer my question.

For those of you who have the YHM 2 piece HGs, you know there are threaded holes at the front of these guards to accept YHM swivel studs. My question to you all is: Does anybody use this option for mounting their slings and if so, has it negatively affected the tightnes of the HG? I really want the side sling mounting but I do not want these guards to loosen up as a result.  Any experiences, advise, and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance folks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged

Also interested in hearing replies from members who have used that YHM 2pc setup & know how it holds up or affects fit/stability attached there after extended periods.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the side mount and it works great. It's very comfortable to use.  I haven't seen it loosen up at all.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input ColtRifle.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I do not use the holes in the handguard but instead use a MI push button QD sling mount.

It has not affected the handguards at all.

I know this was not the exact question but thought it might help.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Seydou, it does help.  I was just concerned that slung weight could/would cause looseness.  Well, I guess thats "2" positive votes.  I'm waiting until Tuesday to place a YHM order so please keep the opinions coming.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Make it three postives!

Steve
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
JT surplus has one that mounts in the front sight.
http://images.andale.com/f2/123/116/6952293/1123948939528_side_sling.jpg
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I used it for awhile but didn't like the way the swivel stuck out to far. Went back to using the regular swivel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top