Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2013 4:42:18 AM EDT
I am looking to purchase a Sig 716 and was hoping to get some input as to what scope might be the best bang for the buck to mount on it. My plan is for the scope to be used for ranges from 300 to 1000 yards and target shooting to start but also good for big game. Any suggestions???
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Vortex
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the 5-15 Vortex Viper from Midway.
Very nice scope for the money.
Dave N
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
SWFA 5-20, Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold VX....lots of nice choices.  

Make sure your turrets match your reticle.  i.e. mil/mil or moa/moa.  Avoid that mil/moa nonsense.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:19:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SWFA 5-20, Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold VX....lots of nice choices.  

Make sure your turrets match your reticle.  i.e. mil/mil or moa/moa.  Avoid that mil/moa nonsense.  

+1.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought the 5-15 Vortex Viper from Midway.
Very nice scope for the money.
Dave N

+1
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I will research these recomendations. Thank you all for your input!
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I put a leupold 3-9 mk4 mr/t on mine.

The equivilant now is the 2.5-8. Check the EE for great deals.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the same Sig716 and have decided on the Leupold VX-6 2-12x42. Once I decide which hunting ammo the rifle likes best, I will order the CDS custom turret from Leupold that matches ballistics of that ammo. So far, I have narrowed the ammo search down to the Hornady Superperformance Interbond 165gr ammo as I really like the specifics of this ammo on paper, just need to shoot it to ensure it agrees with the rifle. I have spent countless hours researching all of the optics options for this rifle and this is what I've ended up with. Hopefully this helps you too, good luck
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]
A BDC turret or reticle is a comfortable illusion. It is only good for ONE cartridge, at ONE set of temperature, humidity, and altitude parameters, and at 0% slope. Where IRL is there that consistancy.
If you need to make that critical shot, then you need to know the dope for your rifle and cartridge.
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am looking to purchase a Sig 716 and was hoping to get some input as to what scope might be the best bang for the buck to mount on it. My plan is for the scope to be used for ranges from 300 to 1000 yards and target shooting to start but also good for big game. Any suggestions???

I had the same 4-14x56 scope on my M1A M14 and then on my current AR10A4. I'm pulling it off in favor of in favor of a clean 10x scope. I've done a lot of research, and rather than write it here, I strongly encourage you to watch this video before you spend hard earned $$.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgB22aXbbeI[/youtube]

And then watch Part 19.  Afterward, choose the "mission" for your equipment, and buy the scope to meet the mission. That equipment might actually a fixed power scope!

You will be told to buy this variable or that variable from many people because it is more important for them to "confirm" that they made a wise and prudent purchase then to provide the best advice.
I rather encourage you to choose the right equipment for your "mission."

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't forget pride fowler . I also have many VX III and thay are great
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top