Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 6:59:20 PM EDT
Does anyone make one? Or even a BUIS that has elevation and windage that is quick detach?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The carry handle takes about 5-10 seconds to detach as it is.  That isn't QD enough?

As far as QD BUIS, I know LaRue makes one, and I think it's the only one.  Why do you want QD?  If it's a flip BUIS it's not like it's in the way of your optics.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
No such thing exists.  The Larue is not elevation adjustable. No demand exists for such a product.  There is pretty much no demand for elevation adjustable BUIS.  The Larue is the ONLY QD BUIS made.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No such thing exists.  The Larue is not elevation adjustable. No demand exists for such a product.  There is pretty much no demand for elevation adjustable BUIS.  The Larue is the ONLY QD BUIS made.

Thanks DevL.  And obviously, OP, there are reasons for these things.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
There seems to be plenty of demand for elevation adjustment on a BUIS from the members here  How often they'd use it, that's a different story.  I have a Matech rear sight and never found the need to yet, the front sight adjustment is enough to get the weapon zeroed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to have the option of a QD sight, that has elevation. How often would I actually use it? Probably never. One thing I do like about my carry handle is that I can zero my rilfle using the Santose method. I tried the XS same plane sight and I just did not like it has much has the regular rear sight. I got an ACOG on a La Rue mount so I went ahead and got the La Rue BUIS so I can use that if I want. I guess I really did not need it since it is really not that hard to take off and put back on the carry handle, but I do like the QD release on the La Rue BUIS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top