Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2003 10:47:14 PM EDT
Who makes the best quality set of full size and or carbine handguards?
I have not seen all of them, but they don't seem to have the strenght of my issued rifle.

My old old old Colt AR15 has a pretty good set (or just say better than most), but who cares you cann't just go out a find a dozen suppliers for colt accessories.

i must admit i have never seen RRA or took a good look at Bush.
Anybody found a supplier/brand that delivers a high quality thick composite handguard that doesnt flex every time you tightly grip the handguard????
thank you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:10:48 AM EDT
[#1]
A1 type triangular style? All that's out there right now are Colt made GI surplus pieces, so hit the parts houses.

A2 type round? Again, I'd hit the surplus parts sellers.  I've found GI surp pieces at competitive prices at shows.

Carbine type round HGs seem to be the area where the most junk is floating around. My own experience is that the Colt M4 type are the stiffest and most rugged.  Rock River has an M4 set that I swear is the Colt unit, but about $5 cheaper.

In the full round old style carbine HGs, I have not seen anything that comppares to what Colt put on their early carbines. That Bushmaster unit I got was total trash, though I haven't seen their new style oval M4 type.

My own attitude is that you're best off getting to a gun show, and hitting the parts guys tables til you find what you want.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
For the old style carbine type, Colt's are the best, without question.  Dennis Todd ([email protected] I think) usually has these in stock.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree completely for carbine length find some real Colts. I traded a set of Colt M4 handgaurds for a set of the Colt carbine length, just cause I hate flexing handgaurds. I like the smaller carbine diameter over the fat M4 handgaurds even on an M4. If you are looking for a set of the long rounds I have a set that are surplus Colts I will part with VERY cheap. That way I can tell the girlfriend "see I am selling off some of this stuff."

IPSC_GUY (Trying to clean out the safe) sends
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Cavalry Arms

Edited to add:

Bushmaster forearms suck.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have found Colt furniture superior to all others.  Not sure why it is so hard to make a decent handguard, but apparently it is.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Cavalry Arms are the best, period. Check out [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=165879]Adrenaline_Arms[/url] on the EE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top