Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 7:51:44 PM EDT
I recently special ordered an LMT lower through my local FFL. I bought it home Saturday and finally compared it to my other lowers (Bushmaster, DPMS, RRA) and my LMT upper. My new LMT lower is purple!

I emailed LMT about this but I'm curious about the experience that some of you have had with your purple lowers. How has this worked out for you? What sort of time frame? This annoys me mainly because this lower wasn't cheap. For the money that I have invested this I should have a nice dark rich black lower...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks. I'd try to get it replaced if I were you.  I don't mind mismatched uppers and lowers but purple is just going too far. I bought a preban Bushy lower that was semi-purple and I refinished it with mollyresin per Stickman's guide. Came out great!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#2]
need pics for a good laugh. I am not wanting to laugh at you just the quality fire arm you recieved. just get it refinished. IMO
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Its ok, your just not use to "Mil-spec"

Here is the next 15 posts:

Its just a tool

It will not affect how it funtions

It won't hurt anything

If you don't like it (there is lots of people who like purple lowers) you can paint it.

thats unacceptable send it to me

Shit gets real old, sorry you got a bad one hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I own 2-LMT lowers and both are Dark Black.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a purple upper, and maybe a purple PRI freefloat.. My PRI gasbuster arrived with a purple hue. I talked myself into liking it. It distinguishes itself as an aftermarket piece. One of my rationals was that the A2 sights, and the flash hider are different colors, so why not the charge handle? Hell, even my barrel has a different hue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#6]
My LMT was purple, too, although it seems to have slowly become a little less purple with use and cleaning.  I was sorta surprised too, considering how much more they cost.

What was really a surprise, though, were all the sharp edges and sloppy tool marks.    Especially compared to my RRA lower.

On the plus side, the lower of course works fine and the finish seems to be a bit more durable than some of the other offerings out there.  Fit with my uppers has no play at all, but you can still work the push pins.

I can't figure out what exactly the problem is, but a lot of uppers and lowers these days have a black finish that easily chips off, and seem have softer metal that shows accelerated wear in places like the charging handle latch detent and the place where the ejection port detent strikes the upper.  I suspect some of those receivers are not actually hardcoat anodized.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you sure it's not an LCW lower made by LMT? I have both and the LMT Defender 2000 lower has the best finish of any lowers I've owned period. On the other hand, the LCW lower is in fact purple. Is this a LMT Defender lower we are talking about here?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#8]
This lower is an LMT Defender. The more I look at the lower the less purple it gets. In fact, it's only purple in specific lighting. Enough that I couldn't even get a good picture of the purple. In the sunlight or good interior lighting, it's a black. Not a bold black but black. I'm thinking that I'm just going to accept it as is. I called LMT and they said that they would take care of it but I'm beginning to think that it would be more of a hassle then it's worth.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top