Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2003 6:45:52 PM EDT
Latest progress on my spacegun inspired carbine art project thingy.

Latest additions:
1) I got a beat up surplus pistol grip for $5. Sand it down smooth and paint. Rustoleum... great stuff. If it get scratched, squirt it again.
2) I figured out how to make the leopard skin foam tube so it's easy to put on and take off as the mood strikes. I'm still figuring it out, but I'll be making a sand colored tube for my ARFX, too.
3) A little more clearance for the barrel... had to work the upper receiver by 10 thous or so. Dollar bill slides freely between upper rail and handguard.

Next step, pick a scope. 3-9x or 6-12x... decision decisions.

Some of you may be offended by my heretical actions of putting color and texture on a pseudo-combat style rifle. Well, one of my definitions of art is somebody ought to be offended.

I like it!

Pete
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I am saving a DPMS lower for a SpaceGun project like this. I want lots of color (red, yellow, green and blue), I have looked at JP website for inspiration [url]http://www.jprifles.com/index.html[/url].

What kind of handguard is that? and what barrel type are you using.

I think is very beautiful by the way and never mind what others think, building a rifle is  a way of self expression, it is art.

BR
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 1:03:52 AM EDT
[#2]
you need to paint the mag
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
handguard is by Medesha (so is buttstock), barrel is Rock River SS 20" 1:8 ("Wylde chamber").

Good point about the magazine. I'll start thinking about it.

Any suggestion on optics? I can spend as much as I want, but I have a Swift 6-12($129) with adj. parralax that I've been torturing on a big boomer, and it's still holding zero, bright, accurate and (heresy again) I prefer it to my Burris! Maybe the backlash sucks, I don't know- I set and forget my scope. made in USA, too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
That looks cool! [bounce]

Lotsa colors is great.
I am putting together a varminter and bought one of those powder coat kits from the Eastwood automotive restoration catalog. I'm a little chicken to put it on the receiver because the finish is real hard to come off (bead blaster just kinda burns the finish).

Has anyone powder coated their parts before and how did it come out? Any pictures?

Dan
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top