Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/22/2012 4:31:50 AM EST
I've never changed stocks on my ARs and just want to make sure I won't run into any problems:
I have a Noveske SPR with a VLTOR adjustable stock on it and a DD v1 with a Magpul CTR. My plan is to purchase a Palmetto State Armory A2 stock to put on the Noveske and move the VLTOR to the Daniel Defense. Will I need to purchase a rifle length buffer tube and spring for the Noveske when I do this? Is there anything else I'm missing here?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:35:18 AM EST
New tube, new spring, new buffer.

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:40:30 AM EST
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. A couple follow up questions:
Do you have any recommendations for where to buy those components?

Those would be for a rifle length stock, correct (for the fixed stock on the SPR)?

I'm assuming for the CTR and VLTOR I can just swap out the "shell" of the stock?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:58:30 AM EST
I buy my parts from brownels and midway. they are always great and ship fast.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:32:21 AM EST
All rifle beffer tubes are A1 length. You will need the A2 spacer and A2 length top screw.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:33:57 PM EST
don't forget to order a new rear take down detent spring for when you pull off the castle nut and end plate and mess the spring up

unless you have already tapped and inserted a set screw in the detent hole. link here link
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:35:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By waawaaweenie:
don't forget to order a new rear take down detent spring for when you pull off the castle nut and end plate and mess the spring up

unless you have already tapped and inserted a set screw in the detent hole. link here link

Lol. I swapped my collapsible for the new magpul fixed stock yesterday. Had to cut a couple of coils off the detent spring when I reassembled. I didn't realize that it was a common occurrence.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Top Top