Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2006 8:50:19 AM EDT
Somebody asked me what lot I had problems with Winchester Q13131 5.56 55 FMJ ammunition.

It is LOT WL 71.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
That might have been the same Lot I almost key word almost bought a couple weeks back.  All the brass had different markings, they were dirty (had some pink powder on them around the primers),  biggest of all one of the projectiles was actualy warped, there were no signs of force looked like it was taken out of the mold to soon.  I know I hear everyone praise this ammo,  but that kinda turned me away from it.  Atleast for now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Somebody asked me what lot I had problems with Winchester Q13131 5.56 55 FMJ ammunition.

It is LOT WL 71.

What year, if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That might have been the same Lot I almost key word almost bought a couple weeks back.  All the brass had different markings, they were dirty (had some pink powder on them around the primers),  biggest of all one of the projectiles was actualy warped, there were no signs of force looked like it was taken out of the mold to soon.  I know I hear everyone praise this ammo,  but that kinda turned me away from it.  Atleast for now.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

drift411.com/forums/style_avatars/Smiley_Avatars/retard.gif

Your the wind beneath my wings, markm... so simple, but like a hammer to a nail.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

drift411.com/forums/style_avatars/Smiley_Avatars/retard.gif

Your the wind beneath my wings, markm... so simple, but like a hammer to a nail.

And you are like the lips to the ass.  Really, its almost sickening!

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It would take me half the day to correct all the incorrect info in that reply.  Let alone all of the grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.  Sometimes you just have to give them the BIG TARD certification!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought it last year- four boxes.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Quoted:

You're right looking over my spelling I miss spelt one word "actually".  I was only explaining it best that I could.  So how is the info incorrect if I saw it with my own eyes?
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Getting back on topic.  I do believe that was the same lot # I almost bought my self.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So how is the info incorrect if I saw it with my own eyes?

I'm not questioning what you saw.  Your interpretation is the problem.  I don't want to open the whole can of worms here, as all of this has been covered extensively already.

In short...  Q3131 is comparable to XM193.

I'm more interested in what the author's problems were with the ammo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#11]
failures to feed and eject

I kept having jams with it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Oversize brass maybe?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Been shooting Q3131 and Q3131A For  many many years

its one of the BEST 5.56mm M193 made

EVEN the 1999 Lots I have shot
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:16:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hmmm..  I have a couple of boxes that I just picked up.  I'll have to check the lot number and function test them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#15]
never had problem with WWB Q3131 5.56, what type of rifle is it?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top