Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:33:13 PM EDT
Took out my new M4 yesterday, and shot 80 rounds through it. Not one round jammed, and the gun shot good, but there is a small problem. When I fire it the spent casings hit real far up on the shell deflector. On My buddies M4 the casings hit the back ok the shell deflector ( on the highest point if your looking at the gun while laying on the table) Mine hits the deflector right where it ataches to the reciever, On the little corner. The casings that my gun is ejecting have dents right in the middle of the fat part of the case. Not just a scratch but a dent.  Is this "normal" part of break in? Or is my gun out of adjustment or something?

thanks

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/30/ar15wrails012zi.jpg

BTW: that isn't my gun
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
it might just be a break in thing but you could probably fix it with a crane o ring or a new heavy duty extractor spring or both.

Good luck and welcome to BRD it only gets worse with time and it will make you broke
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah...I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to take classes next semester.

Oh, well though, its fun.

Anyone else ever have this problem???
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Your Bushmaster sounds fine!  Call us if there is a problem!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same type of Bushmaster as you do and mine hits at the same place.  I don't know if that means ours are both fine or if they are both not right.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Does yours consistently dent casings?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does yours consistently dent casings?

Not that I have noticed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
my buddy sghoots one of those high dollar name brand ar's, and gave me around 1500  brass cases...all withy the dent you describe.it shoots fine, the cases reload fine!my bushmaster doesn't leave a mark on the case...makes no difference to me...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok. Thanks for all the input guys. I guess its normal, although it does upset me after spending that much money.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I think this is pretty common in most Bushmasters, including mine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
My 20" A2 and my M4gery (both Bushys) do not leave the ding on the brass.  My 11.5/ 5.5 (also a Bushy) does cause a ding.  Go figure

--VT
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top