Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/3/2009 4:50:39 PM EST
I'm trying to assemble this stock. Originally I had a 6 position collapsible stock so I had to get an A1 buffer ext. tube. I don't understand how to screw it in? Do I need another end plate or what? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:56:48 PM EST
Screw the tube into the receiver. Then the stock screws into the end of the tube at the back.

This video should help. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11640/learn/
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:00:16 PM EST
you might want to lubricate the foam sleeve to make it easier to slide it onto the buffer tube. i lubed mine with a little dishwashing liquid and some water. worked really well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:20:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By wendell:
you might want to lubricate the foam sleeve to make it easier to slide it onto the buffer tube. i lubed mine with a little dishwashing liquid and some water. worked really well.
I read all those 'lube', 'blow air in', etc. I managed to just slowly slide mine down. Just work it down by pushing from the rear, it causes the front to bunch up and expand as you go. It took me about 6-8 minutes to work it on.

Good luck, post the pix when you're done. Let us know how you like it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:31:46 PM EST
I'm not having problems with the foam sleeve, I got that on. It's screwing the aluminum buffer tube into the lower receiver.

Thanks.

Bob
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:45:34 PM EST
now i understand your problem. you were suppose to screw the buffer tube in the receiver then slide the stock with foam over the tube. if the foam is already on the tube and tube is in buttstock but not on receiver you will have to take it back apart and screw tube into reveiver first.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:50:40 PM EST
I understand now what I did wrong. Thanks for the info. I had to cut the sleeve off of the tube. I have a couple of extras. I can't get the tube out of the skeleton stock. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:58:43 PM EST
it should slide out once the bolt is removed from the end. if you used loctite on the bolt you could try holding tube with stap wrench and if that doesnt work you may have to heat the bolt up. red loctite needs to be heated to 400 degrees before it will turn back to liquid.
Top Top