Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:12:38 AM EDT
Ok, a couple of years ago, I purchased a Mega upper from another member who had accidently squeezed it while removing the barrel...  apparently he didn't have an action clamp so he was using blocks of wood to clamp it in a vise.... I've inserteed a BCG, and it is snug near the back of the ejection port, would it be safe to use this for a build, or is it nothing more than an inexpensive paper weight?

Thanks, Dan
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume this guy clamped the receiver side to side instead of top to bottom?   If that's the case, I'd try spreading the receiver at the snug spot to see if you can move the sides enough to allow the BCG to move freely.  It might work, and if it doesn't, you're no worse off than with it too tight.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top