Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 1:37:23 PM EDT
I didn't see any previous posts on this so here goes.  Can you powder coat magazines to get a durable flat black finish, or is the coating too thick?  I have read all the posts about Perma-Silk but I really want a flat BLACK finish.  I have many parts on my motorcycle powdercoated and the finish is extremely durable.  Anyone tried this?

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think that the additional thickness would affect the fit. You could go with black teflon, or get some of the Imperial Defence English mags, which are already black, but made of steel.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Powder coating requires stripping the entire existing finish off.  Once you've gone through that labor intensive step, you can powder coat them but that doesn't have the lubricating properties of PermaSlik G has.  So basically you've gone through a lot of work for a finish that may not be as good as a spray on can of PermaSlik.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top