Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:30:21 PM EDT
I recently purchased an ELZETTA flashlight mount for my home defense carbine. I ordered directly from Elzetta's website and the package arrived in a couple of day's no problem. The device seemed simple enough and like most men I didn't even bother to read the instruction sheet. Well during the installation I over torqued the machine screw that locks the flashlight in place. I sent and email to Elzetta and they replied in about 20 minutes. They sent me a new left hand side and one of their new thumb screw kits free of charge. I admitted that I had not read the instructions and missed their cautionary note about the torque, but they sent me the parts anyway. You don't find customer service like this much anymore.

Here's a picture of the device on my carbine. Not bad for 30 bucks

Link Posted: 7/9/2008 4:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like they really care about their customers.  We need more companies like that in this country!hat
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you have to remove your front sling swivel in order to install the Elzetta? What kind of sling do you use? Doesn't look like the Elzetta gives you enough room to mount a Sling Thing or other side swivel.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did you have to remove your front sling swivel in order to install the Elzetta? What kind of sling do you use? Doesn't look like the Elzetta gives you enough room to mount a Sling Thing or other side swivel.

No, you do not have to remove the front sling swivel to install the Elzetta.  In fact, Elzetta touts the fact that the sling swivel can be used to activate tailcap switches (see link).

The homepage shows an officer using a standard nylon sling.  A side swivel would not work.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I used an IDF sling attached with paracord on my RRA with an Elzetta mount.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#5]

I recently purchased an ELZETTA flashlight mount for my home defense carbine.

I have two 16" Carbines:  One is an HBAR, flat top, with optics and everything hanging all over the rifle-length FF rail system.  Close to 8 pounds, if not over a little!!  The other is an A2 M4 Super-light with just a cheapo BSA RD 30 mounted on the hand guard [yes, it wobbles about 4MOA each side] and an ELZETTA light mount.  handles like a featherweight.  Guess which one would be conscripted for home CQB?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to put a 30mm light in the Elzetta. It is only rated to 28mm. Is there any way this will work, or is this just a no-go?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top