Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/29/2002 6:31:41 PM EDT
I've thought about rigging up my V-match carbine. I think at some point I want a GI type upper for use on the same lower (to learn iron sight shooting). What do I do with my V-match?

Well, I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on match grade Black Hills ammo. I don't reload, so I think I'm stuck with Win USA Q3131A 55 grain. My V-match carbine (16" barrel) has a 1x9" twist, so I think this works out fairly well for this round. I get good accuracy with it.

Anyway, I was thinking of doing the following:

1. Leupold 4.5-14x scope (my eyesight sucks big time) with M1 turrets installed by Premier Reticles. What reticle type and rings should I use???

2. Rock River Arms two-stage trigger

3. Bipod: Open for suggestions. I may not use one at first.

4. Fore-end. I hate the aluminum one on there now. I would like that PRI one, but it sure is expensive. Hehehe. An ARMS 45 S.I.R. would be pretty bad ass though.

I already have an ARMS 40 and front flip-up sight. How someone could use that beyond 50 yards perplexes me.....especially with the lack of elevation adjustment.

themao

Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 2:14:00 AM EDT
A poor man you said! Youre talking $$$ there for a budget. V Match are really nice, have tried adding ( if needed ) a couple of rails. The trigger will be a great improvement.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 10:52:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ariel: A poor man you said! Youre talking $$$ there for a budget.
View Quote
Yeah well, a richer set up would be to go all out with a new upper + stainless steel barrel + muzzle brake. Then I'd have to get a preban receiver for the threaded muzzle. Then I would get a REAL scope, like NightForce or US Optics for the ultimate Towelhead/Squirrel plinker. Hell, at that rate, I might as well shell out $3000 for a custom rifle. themao [chainsawkill] _________________________ Got ice picks?
Top Top