Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 10:21:21 PM EDT
Just ordered a can of the stuff from GP. Anyone have any issues of mags not fitting or tight fitting because of the coating, or is the finish thin enough to not cause problems?  John
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
What the hell's Polyslik? [>:/]

You mean Permaslik??? [}:D]

(don't feel so bad... my dyslexic ass called it PermaSILK at 1st)

I'm about to join you in the adventures of refinishing soon, but this is my AR15 board research:

1. The key is to apply 1 or 2 VERY thin coats. not only does it function better, it looks better (avoids drips, streaks, & runs)

2. The proper coating should actually benefit drop free function rather than hinder it, as the coating is not thick enough to foul operation AND the product has lubrication properties.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Permaslik/Polyslik/Somethingslik , sorry its late! I read the FAQ on it and I have a good feel for it now. Got a couple of USGI mags to do and some SA80s too. Thanks for the info, Ill do a couple light coats, heating them up beforehand also I think. Most seem to be happy with the results so I thought Id give it a try.. John
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top