Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 11:58:25 AM EDT
I want to see yours... what can I say, I'm hot for them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:53:00 PM EDT
I started a string a couple of months ago asking where I could get a mil spec go gauge, and to my disappointment they seem to be next to impossible to get. I have a Colt spec (mil spec) field guage, it looks about the same as the Forster guages.

I would think that someone would be able to make a decent amount of coin selling mil spec go & field guages, I just can't believe no one does it for the civilian market.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:20:31 PM EDT
You can buy military Field Gauges from places like Fulton Armory - complete in thier foil with a calibration card.

There are no 'go' gauges at Unit or Direct Support maintenance levels - I've never seen one mentioned in a TM, but Tweak has indicated they exist at higher levels (Depot or Arsenal level perhaps?).

Don't worry about the go Gauge, all you need is a field gauge if you are buying quality parts (i.e. Colt or Bushmaster).
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:30:04 PM EDT
Even if building from new parts you would be wise to also have a go gage, I have measured various
new bolts and there is a .003 variance in lug size. Certain bolt / barrel combos will be .001 shy of closing on a go gage which may cause higher than normal chamber pressures.
Top Top