Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:45:34 PM EDT
Please keep in mind, this is not a post to sell the gun, i will be listing it for sale in the proper places, however i have no idea what a reasonable asking price is for a piece like this... please help me out, also if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it to the proper location....

Parts on the Gun:  Olympic Lower (seems to be forged), Ergo Grip, 4 pos Retractable Stock, 16" Rock River Upper Midlenght, Chrome lined, removable BUIS and an Aimpoint Style Red Dot on a cantilever mount.... the gun has about 400 rounds through it, shoots accurate and is pretty much like new... please let me know what you think would be a price i could expect to see selling it?

here's a pic as reference...

http://images.geekazoids.net/ar15_copy3.jpg
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint style red dot?  That could be $20 to $200...Be specific.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
You would do better to sell it as parts.  Figure $500-600 as a complete weapon.

Either that or take it to a gunshow.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, do you know if the lower is a pre or post ban? That is going to make a big difference in price for the lower.  How about some of the other parts like listing the manufacturers of the stock and the optic. Used uppers sell anywhere from $200.00 and up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
the scope is one of those 100 dollar knockoffs and the stock i'm not sure about,  lower should be post ban unless i'm mistaken
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:48:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, do you know if the lower is a pre or post ban? That is going to make a big difference in price for the lower.

Pre or post WHAT ban?

The federal ban has expired over a year ago and it has NO BEARING on the ability to have certain features.
The only reason the age would now matter was if there was some state laws that made the old ones more desireable.
You can forget all about preban this and postban that now...

This is basically a frankengun and it's probably worth 500-600 as was already mentioned.

Randall Rausch
www.ar15barrels.com
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Randall,

NY, CA, NJ, and I believe a few other states all have state AWBs that mirror the federal one.  The the poor souls in these states, won't ever see the end of the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
NY, CA, NJ, and I believe a few other states all have state AWBs that mirror the federal one.  The the poor souls in these states, won't ever see the end of the AWB.

I am in CA and pre-ban or post-ban makes no difference here.
We can't bring ANY ARs into the state, or transfer the ones that are here.
They all got registered back in 2000.
Any that are here and not registered (most of them) are now illegal.
Possession of (1) unregistered Assault Weapon is a misdemeanor.
Possession of (2) is a felony.

Randall
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#8]
You'll get more parting it out.  The BUIS and mid-length upper will be desirable.  The lower and dot sight are less "gotta have".   It is more convenient to sell everything in one lot, but that gets you the least money.  Spend more time selling the seperate parts and you get more money.  Time vs. money, your choice.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am in CA and pre-ban or post-ban makes no difference here.
We can't bring ANY ARs into the state, or transfer the ones that are here.
They all got registered back in 2000.
Any that are here and not registered (most of them) are now illegal.
Possession of (1) unregistered Assault Weapon is a misdemeanor.
Possession of (2) is a felony.

Randall

Ive only heard of what stick is sayin.  People in certain states can only have preban models.  Otherwise it has to comply with new regulations such as no flashhider, no bayo lug, fixed stock, etc.  

Im not clear on the regulations but I have read enough on the boards to see what some people have to go through to have these rifles in crappy states
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Randall, there are still states such as NY, where the AWB never ended.  A pre ban lower would therefore be worth a premium over a post ban still.

BOT, I'd pay no more than $600 for it, including the Tacpoint.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry forgot to post what I thought for price-
I would part it out.  Mutt guns unfortunately arent worth as much as a package.  I even had better luck parting out my modded bushmaster that was brand new.  Something to think about
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Randall,

I thought you dealt with firearms for a living, if so, I'm sure you get the idea.  If I confused you with another poster, please disregard.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't deal with firearms for a living, but I make custom AR15 barrels as a side job to support my shooting habit.
My life's dream would be to go "full time" Gunsmith/FFL etc and actually make a living at this.

Randall
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#14]
the only problem with parting the gun out is you will end up with parts you cant sell. you would be better off selling it as a complete gun. or take off the buis and tacpoint and sell them induvidualy. but if youdo decide to part it out i would be interested in the upper with the sights in tact(both the buis and the tacpoint.)
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't deal with firearms for a living, but I make custom AR15 barrels as a side job to support my shooting habit.
My life's dream would be to go "full time" Gunsmith/FFL etc and actually make a living at this.

Randall

My bad, I thought you were set up doing full time smith work and barrels.  Its a nice dream though!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top