Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 7:33:42 PM EDT
This forearm rail system will be for my dedicated nightvision 20" Bushmaster.
I will be shooting every 1 to 2 months at night. I want something that is comfortable to
handle w/ my smaller hands as well as to be able to mount a lazer,IR illuminator,etc on it.
My primary hunt is coyote, but will shoot target on occasion. I saw that YHM has some units for a decent price in the range of 129 dollars. Im not a GI Joe and just cant see spending 300 dollars on one of these units. please recommend your favorites and why. thank you kindly, BB

p.s. Who to buy from also ??
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Midwest Industries Inc. makes a better rail system for not much more, don't get their modular system though. The one you'll probably like looks just like any standard two piece drop in system plus they have the T markings which, well, honestly who cares- but still looks cool. I have a few sets and can't complain at all, better than the Yankee/Bushmaster sets.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of spec rail systems can cause mounting issues. Don't cheap out. I second the MI reccomendation as they seem to have the best bang for the buck rail out there.

My biggest complaint with the cheaper handguards is the longitudinal cut they make. That makes the rails even further out of spec while also supplying even more sharp edges to make your hand uncomfortable. Who knows why they do it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the 2 fine replies guys! Yea, i too seemed to like the MI brand and at around 200 i could maybe manage that. Hell, i spent 20x's that on my NV scope, but just cant seem to bring myself to spend 300+ on these handguards. I actually shoot just fine w/ the stock handguards.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You might also consider YHM's free-float railed tubes.  (Or get a free-float tube, and put custom rails on where you want).  I believe they install the free-float tube for free (you just need to ship them your upper and then pay for shipping back).

www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/forearms.html - halfway down the page

Not much more expensive than the two-piece (which they also manufacture, btw), and you get true free-float without needing to buy the action block and tools yourself.

Might be worth it to call them and explain your needs and see what they recommend.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at Bravo Company
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for YHM, their stuff is really nice and the prices are excellent for the quality.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the kind advice gentleman!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top