Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 3:51:25 PM EDT
I have a Smith and Wesson m&P sport model.  The bolt carrier group won't close all the way, there is a very small gap between the ejector port and the carrier itself.  Is this normal and if it isn't how do I go about fixing it?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
got pics?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about this gap? If so, normal...

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are you talking about this gap? If so, normal...

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh490/billyjack2011/AR/Sanford-20121119-00020.jpg

I am willing to bet that is what he is seeing, and agree that it is good to go.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That's normal.  If you separate your upper, you'll see the rear of the BCG is flush with the receiver.  If you can't separate them, then you have a problem.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#5]
That is the gap that I am seeing.  For some reason I got really worried when I seen it.  Thanks for your help!  I am new to the AR world and still have a lot to learn.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:33:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That is the gap that I am seeing.  For some reason I got really worried when I seen it.  Thanks for your help!  I am new to the AR world and still have a lot to learn.

Not a bad question to ask. My eye's widened the first time I brought mine home and saw that too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top