Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 3:15:25 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a Simmons Pro Diamond from CDNN, I figure for $50 I cant lose out to bad! Can any one with this scope post some pics of one mounted??? Any recomendations on how to mount it??   Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to see some pics too....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I just installed one on my M14 clone. I got from CDNN.

I'm hoping to go to the range this week and see how it does.

If somebody can tell me how to post a pic I'll give it a try.....My computer-fu is weak.

Flyer
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just installed one on my M14 clone. I got from CDNN.

I'm hoping to go to the range this week and see how it does.

If somebody can tell me how to post a pic I'll give it a try.....My computer-fu is weak.

Flyer

first, you need to upload the pic to your computer from the camera, which we'll assume you can do.

Next, you need to find a web based host.  I suggest villagephotos.com.  You can get a free account with enough bandwidth to post the occasional pic here.  There's a limit on what you can do, but for free, it's pretty cool.  I wen't about 5 mos before I upgraded to $5 a month, and I've never come close to hitting my bandwidth limit since then.  

Once you have your account set up, there will be an option to "upload pic".  A window will open, and you'll be able to enter the name of the pic on your computer you want to upload.

When you're done uploading, simply make your post here on AR15.com, and where you want to insert your pic, type (WITHOUT the asterisks)

[*img]paste name of pic here[*/img].  Don't use spaces at the beginning or end of the pic name.  

Internet Explorer has an option to copy the pic name to the clipboard so you can paste it in your post, Firefox users have to do it manually, by right clicking the pic name and choosing the "copy link location" option, and then pasting it. Just do the appropriate action for whatever browser you use.  

It's really pretty simple, just bear in mind that every pic you want to put in a post here has to be uploaded to a web server somewhere, IN ADDITION to your computer.  

The whole process should take you less than 10 minutes the first time...after that, it literally takes about a minute to upload the pic, and then reference it in your post here.  Good luck!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a prodiamond but some mounting options.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not a prodiamond but some mounting options.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/vanloch/S4200140.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/vanloch/S4200067.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/vanloch/Kit/AR15.jpg

Ridge, is that the YHM rail extender in that one pic?  If so, how do you like it?  I have a cheapie Simmons Shotgun scope I'd like to try out, but can't see spending $200 + on a LaRue for it.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:38:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ridge, is that the YHM rail extender in that one pic?  If so, how do you like it?  I have a cheapie Simmons Shotgun scope I'd like to try out, but can't see spending $200 + on a LaRue for it.  

Believe it or not there is there is one on my gun pictured above Ridge's. It cantilevers over the barrel to give you the needed eye relief. I have a Armalite 1 piece mount on top of the YHM.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:01:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's a pic of the scope in Warne ultra high QD rings on a YHM FF lightweight rail.  I have zero shift in POI with this set up and nearly perfect return to zero.  Great scope for the money.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Here you go...

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:59:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Believe it or not there is there is one on my gun pictured above Ridge's. It cantilevers over the barrel to give you the needed eye relief. I have a Armalite 1 piece mount on top of the YHM.

Bomber

HA! I never would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out, that's pretty cool.

Yes, mine is a YHM 5" rail extenstion ($30).  It's solid as a rock and works very well and I can remove the scope from the extension and use my irons if need be (If I had QR mounts it would be even faster). I see no issues using it with any scope especially the Simmons Shotgun scope.

I think the perfect height with the YHM extension are .5 inch rings, placing the center of your scope 1.5" over the bore.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, I just ordered mine, and had them throw in a couple of thumbscrews to make it a QD style of mount.  

Lancelot, allow me to be the first to needle you on having a scope mount worth 4 times the scope lol.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well, I just ordered mine, and had them throw in a couple of thumbscrews to make it a QD style of mount.

Great idea!

Lancelot, allow me to be the first to needle you on having a scope mount worth 4 times the scope lol.  

Sure looks nice!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Actially, at this point in time, I think you're number 26. Or is it 36?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actially, at this point in time, I think you're number 26. Or is it 36?

doh...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Greetings,

Today I finally had a chance to zero the Simmons 1.5-5 Pro Diamond that I mounted on my semi-auto M14 clone (Armscorp w/GI parts).

The first thing I did was to bore-sight it as close as possible with my Cabell's laser bore-sighter that I got for x-mas a while back. As a result I was already on the paper at 50 yds and adjusted from there. It zeroed at 50 yds with ease. I was shooting South African surplus.

Each "click" is worth 1/2 inch at 50 yds and seems to hold true to that.

Then I moved over the the 200 yd berm and put 6 of 6 rounds into a 9 inch paper plate. They were not all in the center, but at least they were all on the plate. The 1/2 clicks at 50 yds makes it hard to fine tune your zero at 200, but hey it's not a varmint or sniper scope anyhow.

Moved back to 100 yd berm to fine tune my zero a little better and then had to go p/u the kid from school. I guess now I'm ready to shoot a hog if I ever get the chance to go. No weekends off next month and only one in October. Of course I'll need to re-zero with some good hunting ammo, maybe some of that new Federal 150 gr Fusion stuff, should be good for pigs or deer.

So far I am well please with the scope, especially for $64 delivered (incl tax).

The glass is clear and bright, the magnifaction ring moves smoothly and it seems well made so far.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow now that I have the directions (thanks!)....

I'll report back after I've shot a few hundred rounds with it.

Shoot safe...

EMSflyer
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Lancelot,
Do you find the Larue Mount to be at the correct Elevation ?
How about being far enough forward?  Would you get the EER version if you bought another one?

Thanks for the info I'm trying to determine the optimum solution myself.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#18]
so this scope is a 1" tube correct?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Lancelot,
Do you find the Larue Mount to be at the correct Elevation ?
How about being far enough forward?  Would you get the EER version if you bought another one?

Thanks for the info I'm trying to determine the optimum solution myself.

Yes the Simmons is a 1" tube.

Elevation is correct.

I have the scope pushed all the way forward in the SPR mount. I shoot nose to charging handle and its fine for me. Everyone's eyes are different, so YMMV. I would not push mine any further forward.

Its times like these, mounting a scope, that the convenience of a continuous top rail is what you really want. But my goal with this rifle was to keep the weight down.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Anybody have one of these Simmons Scopes mounted on a carry handle?  If so, what did you use for a mount?  Photo....
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#22]
better late than never.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#24]
it's a larue SPR mount, the same mount that brewsky and I have
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
it's a larue SPR mount, the same mount that brewsky and I have

and the rings are actually one piece with the mount being an assy
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top