Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2012 7:20:56 AM EDT
I believe I have a mild case of BRD at the moment...

Upper/Lower fit

Barrel markings

MP marked bolt

Feedramps

A small family photo

I received the upper on Wednesday, and shot 140 rounds so far. This is my first AR, but as far as I can tell it runs flawlessly.
100 rounds AE 55gr .223
20 rounds Federal 55gr XM193 5.56
20 rounds Herters 55gr .223 (Tula stamped)

PSA CHF MID CL 16" Upper
PSA Stripped Pictogram Lower
PSA STR Lower Build Kit
PSA M16 BCG
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4
Troy DOA Folding BUIS

I have a Daniel Defense M4 12.0 FSPM that I still need to install, but I an going to put some more rounds downrange before I tear it apart

Any comments are welcome, I will  try to update this from time to time with a round count and/or BRD progression
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The catch is, the cure is more black rifles!
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The catch is, the cure is more black rifles!

More black rifles, yes.

But it's not a cure.  It's more like bowing to the inevitable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Going on your barrel/upper pics it looks like your barrel is torqued a little too far to the right?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering about that too... I had to add quite a bit of windage to zero in the sights, but - I am probably going to mount an optic of some kind on it (BRD is progressing already ). So as long as it doesn't need all the windage adjustment, it shoots great and I am happy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#5]
There is something about A2 front sights that I love! You have inspired me to build yet another one! Looks great! Would those feed ramps not being aligned would that possibly cause some feed issues?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is something about A2 front sights that I love! You have inspired me to build yet another one! Looks great! Would those feed ramps not being aligned would that possibly cause some feed issues?

No issues with the ammo listed in previous post. I tried loading multiple brands mixed randomly, 2,5, and 30 round loads - everything worked perfectly. I still  have about 300 round of this and that to try out so we will see.

I bought the DD M4 specifically because I like the A2 front sight. I think it will look something like this when it is installed:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1964/img8137stickem9.jpg

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
dont we all. join the crowd.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Forgot to update after I finally installed the DD M4 12.0 FSPM

Interestingly enough, I was able to take quite a bit of windage adjustment back out after the install...

~300 rounds down the pipe so far, only issue is the mags don't load themselves

I think I have it dailed in @ 50yds, but the targets I have I can't see the bull @ 100yds. What targets are good for irons @ 100yds?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top