Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/28/2004 10:04:31 PM EST
I picked up 800 rounds of 7.62 NATO (four heavy poly bags of 200) but found that they had no headstamps on them. There is a green seal around the primer and the primer has the typical 3 crimp military primer but no headstamp or markings.

Has anybody used or seen this stuff before?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:11:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 6:11:45 AM EST by TimJ]
I bought 2,000 rounds of the same thing from Century over 6++ years ago. It was advertised as Venezuelan, and I have shot 1600 rounds to date wth no problems whatsoever (I still have two sealed bags left). it came 200 rounds to the bag, 5 bags to the cardboard shipping box.
It is, in my experience, decent, clean, GI accurate ammo. I tell the brass rats at the range it's CIA ammo when they ask about the lack of headstamp lol.
Did uou find ot from a distributor? I wouldn't mind some more if it's cheap enough.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:43:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 7:23:44 AM EST by DoctorCheney223]
I bought the last 4 bags that the store had. He told me that it was Venezualan but I thought that he made a mistake because I bought the last of Cavim from his as well. I thought that Venezualan he was talking about was the 1300 rounds of Cavim that I bought from him as well.

Once I got home and started putting the ammo away I started to have second thoughts if I should have bought it. No headstamp and poly bag packagins; there's no way I would know if this stuff was hot, light. dirty or dangerous (Indian)..... Thanks for putting me at ease

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:48:31 AM EST
It's called 'sterile' ammo for plausible deniability purposes. Most US 'sterile' ammo has headstamps that really don't mean anything.
Top Top