Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 11:04:31 PM EDT
I picked up 800 rounds of 7.62 NATO (four heavy poly bags of 200) but found that they had no headstamps on them. There is a green seal around the primer and the primer has the typical 3 crimp military primer but no headstamp or markings.

Has anybody used or seen this stuff before?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought 2,000 rounds of the same thing from Century over 6++ years ago. It was advertised as Venezuelan, and I have shot 1600 rounds to date wth no problems whatsoever (I still have two sealed bags left). it came 200 rounds to the bag, 5 bags to the cardboard shipping box.
It is, in my experience, decent, clean, GI accurate ammo. I tell the brass rats at the range it's CIA ammo when they ask about the lack of headstamp lol.
Did uou find ot from a distributor? I wouldn't mind some more if it's cheap enough.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the last 4 bags that the store had. He told me that it was Venezualan but I thought that he made a mistake because I bought the last of Cavim from his as well. I thought that Venezualan he was talking about was the 1300 rounds of Cavim that I bought from him as well.

Once I got home and started putting the ammo away I started to have second thoughts if I should have bought it. No headstamp and poly bag packagins; there's no way I would know if this stuff was hot, light. dirty or dangerous (Indian).....  Thanks for putting me at ease

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
It's called 'sterile' ammo for plausible deniability purposes.  Most US 'sterile' ammo has headstamps that really don't mean anything.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top