Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 2:25:16 PM EDT
Searched around a little but couldn't find what I was looking for.  I have a flat-top M4 build that needs a new upper receiver.  I was thinking about replacing the flat-top with an A1 upper.   The gun already has an old school Colt Type 1 stock on it, so I think it will make for a nice KISS rifle.  Just looking for some pics if anyone has one set up like this.  Also, would this be pretty similar to what the IDF uses / used?  I don't know much about them.  Did our military ever use M4 barrels on A1 receivers?  TIA
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Not an A1 upper, but a 604 upper (lacks forward assist). I believe I have seen A1 uppers (forward assist) with M4 profile barrels before, though.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Model 723 from the Retro forum

723 with A2 profile barrel and M203 cut

Commonly referred to as a M16A2 Carbine, slang as "CAR-15" or "M4", 8 million serial number range, 1987-?:

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#4]
It has a standard front sight base, not F marked.  It's a RRA barrel.  

Quoted:
What front sight base does your barrel have?

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I was wondering if it had a specific model number, so that answers that question.  I see that one has the smaller handguards, I have a spare set I could put on to make it more "correct"

Quoted:
Model 723 from the Retro forum

723 with A2 profile barrel and M203 cut

Commonly referred to as a M16A2 Carbine, slang as "CAR-15" or "M4", 8 million serial number range, 1987-?:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/Ekie12091941/Govt%20Carbines/variation%20guide/upperassy11.jpg

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top