Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 2:05:10 PM EDT
Well, years in the making and culminating today with the arrival of my new upper.  What do you all think?

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Super Cool!

MM419
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks pretty wicked to me. [:D]

Speaking of patience, I am currently without an AR-15 rifle while waiting on the M16 I bought to transfer to me. It looks like it will be December or January before I can bring it home. So I have no black rifle to cradle in my arms. [:(]

Take that rifle of yours and give it a big ol' hug. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice job! [:D]

How do you like the GGG flip-up front sight?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet... this weekend I'm going to turn that little bitch out like a dimebag crackwhore during Fleet Week!

I love the concept of the GG&G.  It is easy to operate.  Nice sight picture through the Aimpoint with the Arms 40.  The seller of the upper, Raptor22 (yo man, you my boy!) installed the raised sight post for me to work with the Arms 40 he put on it at my request.  He had a GG&G rear sight, but for me there can only be Arms 40.

The magpul just brings the whole package together.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice. I have a few questions.  Why did you select the regular RAS over the FF RAS?  Why is the Aimpoint mounted so far to the rear?  And last but not least... where is your flash light? [;)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice!  So similar to the rifle I plan to build with a few small differences.  What pistol grip is that?  Can you store stuff in it?  Is it atleast hollow?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Why are people still buying the RAS and not the RASII?  Aren't they within $30 of each other?

I just got an RASII and love it.  The hump is a good M2 mointing point, it's light, and it retains the classic carbine look.

Really, I'm not knocking your setup.  I really want to know!

Nice rifle BTW.

I have a 16" and will have to get one of the modified bayos.  [:(]  Though I remain a 16" guy.

And I second Troy's recommendation on the #22M68 extension.  I have one and that extra inch works well with the M2.

FWIW, the hump on the RASII is just about halfway between an extension and straight ARMS receiver mount.

I hope you enjoy your rifle.  I'd love to get my hands on one of those stocks.  But, then again, I don't have an extra $300 floating around, so maybe not....
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]Nice rifle- at least someone is getting the full use of there "evil features" [/b]

I used a regular RAS on my LMT 10.5 just because that is what SF is using (I know that is stupid and there are better ideas and products but who cares the 10.5 is a door-kicking gun 0-300M and at that range I don't need a freefloating barrel.) Besides i have the new fangled LMT bolt that is supposed to eliminate breakage caused by pulling down on the forend in full-auto fire so all I should notice is a slight variance in POI when I pull on the grip which I will only do if I fire full auto and on auto I won't notice a slight variation in POI so it shouldn't be a problem. (HUGE RUN_ON SENTENCE)

[b]On the brighter side the RAS fits bank-vualt tight (unlike my old one with a lot of foregrip wiggle) and I am very happy with it.[/b]

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Using the M4 RAS because I got it for $250 shipped with the 3 11 rib panels, 2 6 rib panels and a KAC grip.

I don't LIKE the Aimpoint too far forward, it doesn't work for ME.  I've tried it and like it positioned where it is.

Flashlight will be mounted as soon as my GG&G dovetail mount arrives.

Grip is a Hogue and it is hollow.

Paid $200 for my Magpul shipped, new, with the optional buttstock sling attachment and the weaver rail that can be installed on the side of the stock.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I tried mounting the sling light that on my Magpul stock, but the loop going over the top of the stock prevents it from being closed. Where in the HECK did you get a MSS M93 for $200!!!???
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]
In the EE... seller was a guy by the name of Skammy... and it wasn't no scam.  And you can close the sling, just leave a little slack so the stock can slide together with the slack over the stock.  I think he wanted $210 shipped and I offered $200 and he said sure.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, I tried moving it forward... doesn't bother me as much as it did without the current set-up, feels more comfortable.  Will try it at the range and see.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
VERY nice!

Send it to me.

Now.

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Dancing banana for that beautiful little rifle!

[banana]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Very nice HR. Very nice.
AR's are like women. So many different variations and configurations possible, yet they are almost all so pleasing to the eye.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top