Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:36:19 AM EST
I'm building an upper from scratch and I'm getting a barrel now. And I need to know what parts I need to make it functional. And if I can leave some parts out because I'm using a free float Daniel defence 7.0 lite rail. I'm also using a low pro gas block. My upper is a vltor mur 1a if that makes a diffrence.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:39:21 AM EST
The Lite rail will come with everything you need, the only thing that you didn't mention is the gas tube and roll pin.

You're going to need a DD barrel nut wrench for the Lite rail barrel nut.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:50:49 AM EST
Extra gas tube roll pins. You drop one, it will leave this universe forever.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:16:35 PM EST
Okay. Gas tube. Roll pins. Gas block. And the dd rail come with everything else I need ? And does the dd barrel nut wrench come with it ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:42:02 PM EST
I dont think so.. I had to use my DPMS ar-15 universal tool to install my DD M our FF handguard.

you also need a good block for putting your upper inside to tighten the barrel nut.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:54:56 PM EST
I'll probably have someone do it for me
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:19:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By chad43:
I'll probably have someone do it for me

Just send it to ADCO.


Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:26:04 PM EST
I'd say DO IT !!!

it's very satisfying shooting a rifle that you did put together on your own !

I'ts like PC's.. I love building them up from components !
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:35:28 PM EST
Nope, the wrench does not come with the handguard.

Find a local gunsmith who has one, or send it to ADCO.

You need a muzzle device too, if you don't already have one.
Top Top