Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2015 11:33:58 PM EDT
I'm not saying it's over just yet and It's not your fault, it's mine.  We've just grown as individuals over these past few years and in different directions.  I accidentally traded for a 18" LW Noveske SPR barrel and you'll never be a LW 18" sort of girl.  I'd always wonder about those 2 extra inches(My the tables have turned).

okay but seriously... I have a 16" PSA rifle.  Built the lower, bought the top. tweaked it out. Sawed off the original handguard and installed a FF rail.  Got it tuned up and down to a 2" group, using TULA ammo in a standing position at 25 yrds...  The gun shoots excellent but ... I seriously ended up accidentally getting stuck with an 18" LW SPR Noveske barrel and it's taunting me.  *Sell your PSA and run quality ammo through me as sub MOA gauranteed*  So now I'm thinking about selling the PSA rifle and rebuilding with better parts.  It sounds crazy. I've never hunted this gun yet.  I've not even eclipsed 1,000 rounds yet?!?!  

What say yee folks of the arfcom nightcrew. Sell the PSA and rebuild using the Noveske barrel or keep fine tuning the 16" rifle for a little longer and keep trying to trade/sell the 18" Noveske.

There's also an itch needing scratched for a CQBR....
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I still have my first build, PSA also with some BCM and DD mixed in.

It hasn't changed much, pretty standard as far as midlength rifles go. The only thing that's stopped me from selling it is the market. I'd pretty much be giving it away.

For that I'll just keep it as a beater.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:44:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Sell your current and build a new.  Make sure you do a build thread when you start it...I would be very interested in the build.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I still have my first build from 11 years ago. It has changed a bit, But I will never part with the lower or upper receiver.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#4]
My first build is a Spikes upper and lower. I do want a 300 blackout but I couldn't part with Vanessa. She is so smooth and reliable.
Show us your build when you start.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not saying it's over just yet and It's not your fault, it's mine.  We've just grown as individuals over these past few years and in different directions.  I accidentally traded for a 18" LW Noveske SPR barrel and you'll never be a LW 18" sort of girl.  I'd always wonder about those 2 extra inches(My the tables have turned).

okay but seriously... I have a 16" PSA rifle.  Built the lower, bought the top. tweaked it out. Sawed off the original handguard and installed a FF rail.  Got it tuned up and down to a 2" group, using TULA ammo in a standing position at 25 yrds...  The gun shoots excellent but ... I seriously ended up accidentally getting stuck with an 18" LW SPR Noveske barrel and it's taunting me.  *Sell your PSA and run quality ammo through me as sub MOA gauranteed*  So now I'm thinking about selling the PSA rifle and rebuilding with better parts.  It sounds crazy. I've never hunted this gun yet.  I've not even eclipsed 1,000 rounds yet?!?!  

What say yee folks of the arfcom nightcrew. Sell the PSA and rebuild using the Noveske barrel or keep fine tuning the 16" rifle for a little longer and keep trying to trade/sell the 18" Noveske.

There's also an itch needing scratched for a CQBR....
View Quote
I say keep the lower, sell the PSA upper and build another upper using the Noveske barrel, this time optimized for accuracy and possible competition.  To go with it, either buy some match-ready ammo or start reloading as its unlikely your TULA ammo will ever measure up. - CW
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Um, you need both......duh....
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Just do another build around the Noveske barrel. You have one of the expensive parts all else is change.

I only sold 2 AR's and that was to keep food and shelter for my family during dire times.

I miss them both and will rebuild or buy them back some day (both sold to friends).

You spent time and money on the PSA to get it where you want it. You will regret selling it and, as stated, you won't get out of it what you put into it. You can bet the hamfisted jackal you sell to will mistreat her. Can you live with that?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep the PSA. As stated above, you have the most expensive part already so just pick up a piece at a time till you can put together the second. You need a plinker and a long range rifle anyway
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh damn it man keep the PSA, it doesn't owe you anything and seems to work well.  With the cost of parts these days build that Noveske into a nice upper and when time is right another lower with find it's way into the house.

eta: The 18" length makes an excellent hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Dupe post
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
You gentleman, I don't care what they say, are right.

Keep and build in. The PSA is my first love. I'll always worry about the ...what wS it "hAmfisted  jackel" that might buy her. Love that. Read it twice. Welp... Looks like I'm in the market for a Vltor Mur upper. ?? noveske marked of course
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Sell...I am not attached to one single AR I own..its a tool and treated as such.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Add a 2nd upper, FFHg, BCG, and when you want to tap a knat's ass at 500m do it with that.  Want to burn Tula, slap the original lower back on.  Just doll your girl up now and then for some strange..
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top