Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 5:32:42 AM EST
I neglected my M4 and got rust on the smith vortex flash suppressor and the metal portion of the telescopic buttstock. The stuff worked great in removing rust. However, I got a little on my barrel. What are my options?

1) Cheap
2) Not so cheap options

What should I do to protect the metal of my flash suppressor after removing the rust? Thanks[
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:23:39 AM EST
You should have used steel wool and perhaps a wire brush at most. You put phosphoric acid on your weapon. All blue and rust remover is is re-branded naval jelly.

CLP will keep it from rusting as will not storing it in a gun case and not storing it in the damper parts of the house. Upper levels are better.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:16:10 AM EST
I took the birchwood casey blue and rust remover and did use a steeel brush but am looking for different options. the mark is not too big where it ran. thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:43:29 PM EST
Is there a good reason why I am not getting any input. I truly am surprised. I have always gotten some great responses but failed in this respect. I put the same thread in maintenance and got nothing. Is there a reason? Please help with what I should do. thanks in advance. ralph
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:20:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2004 2:24:03 PM EST by jjmcrowell]
I guess you could send the upper off to somebody like Bigbore ( I think he has prices for refinishing on his website ) ADCO

Ask him in the Industry forum:

ADCO's forum
Top Top