Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 5:00:27 PM EDT
ok this time i did it with duracoat and i hope i never have to do it again.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good, Beck...

I'm thinking about building a pieces parts carbine just to kick around with, and I wanted to do a desert camo design as well.

Why won't you do the Duracoat again? Was it a major pain in the ass to apply?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
no its awsome compared to what ive painted with before. i just ment i hoped i didnt have to take the paint and stuff off like i did last time i painted it.  i highly recommend duracoat over everything else ive tried.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldnt feel comfortable painting my rig.

nothing wrong with it, but it just makes me nervous/
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
This was the one you Kryloned and then stripped, isn't it?

I like the new pattern. How well does it blend in with your area (other than your back yard)

Thanks,

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
That was quick!  Wasn't it two days ago I answered your last question?  

Turned out Nice!  I was hoping you'd go with sharper lines in your pattern because that's what I want to do and am unsure about too crisp of lines.  I don't want to ruin my solid TS Brown...

Which three colors were those?  With the way your grass is right now, I can't help but think that one or two larger stripes of brighter green would really help a Ton...

I bet you are very impressed with how thin it went on compared to the Krylon!

Take it over to Beckett's (Steve, right?) and have him paint it.  Or, send it to him- you guys are in the same state after all...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
the lighting was bad in my first pictures.

this shit was a thousand times better to paint then krylon and the results were million times better.
i ended up using,desert mint, coyote brown and grey wolf i think.  i might order some dark dreen and put a few touches in there to darken it up a little. thanks for the help JosephR
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got Woodland Green and I don't think I will use half of the 2 oz. I have...

If you think you will be indecisive for another week or two, I might have enough time to use what I'm gonna use of the green and I could send the rest out to you...

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#10]
How does that stuff go on and how does it cure? Can it be done in a home oven(at my apt)? I kryloned mine and it has chipped a few places although it doesnt bother me much.  Just curious in the process
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#11]
ya man that would be awsome, i just need a little green to darken it up. i orderd sperate bottles of paint so i have enough to do about 12 more guns if you wanted any of the colors i used.

it goes on soo mutch better than krylon and way thinner. you dont have to bake it i stuck a bunch of heat lamps around mine for a night and it was good to go.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Now all you have to do is rid yourself of the pesky bland magazines that dont match the nicely done weapon. Wish I would have a similiar job done over here in the big sand box.
Der
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Now all you have to do is rid yourself of the pesky bland magazines that dont match the nicely done weapon. Wish I would have a similiar job done over here in the big sand box.
Der

Stay Safe!!  I'll make you the same offer I made Travis (Simplydynamic) with his .45- You buy the paint and get the rifle to me and I'll paint it for free.  It doesn't mean much unless you are going to do a second 'tour' once you get home, but the offer stands.  

Beckett-  I might take you up on that offer.  Do you just have the Wolf Gray, Coyote Brown and Mint?  I might be interested in the Coyote since I've already got two browns and tans, it might make a nice 3-color theme and I won't bother with the Colt Gray and Woodland Green.  You are welcome to the Colt gray but I'll have to check and see if it hasn't turned bad in the last year...

I'd like to do a 3 color with hard edges...

IM me if you want to share.  

You don't absolutely have to bake it, but it needs to cure.  be careful with it for 3 weeks (that's what they say.)  It's like concrete and will slowly cure over time and continue to do so.  I chipped a few small spots off of my pic rail where the aimpoint mount was.  Oh well...

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top