Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 7:39:21 PM EDT
Putting the finishing touches on my spr and want to know the big deal with the PRI Gasbuster charging handle. It looks identical to a standard one except for the big latch??

The PRI gasbuster is ~$90.00

The PRI big latch by itself is ~$25.00 to go on my standard charging handle

Ill spring for the whole deal if there is some structural or fuctional improvements, but if it is just a regular old charging handle with a better latch. then I dont see the point?

Any help would be most helpful,
thanks,
ben
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
if ur using a can get the PRI gas buster. If not get the PRI big latch.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
the bottom of the latch comes down, shielding your face supposedly from gas.

Me? I just got a big latch put on my standard... When I can afford to get a suppressor, i can afford to pay $90 for a charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:40:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The Gas Buster is much sturdier and can take more abuse, say from malfunction clearances.  If you are a bench/range bound shooter and don't use a can, there's probably no benefit to you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Gasbuster on the right/bottom

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#6]
what everyone along with the pictures stated
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:29:19 AM EDT
[#7]
As I run into them for sale, for much less than retail - one I got for $55 - I buy them.  All that rifles that matter have them.  If I could get them every day for $55, all my rifles would have them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Gas Buster is much sturdier and can take more abuse, say from malfunction clearances.  If you are a bench/range bound shooter and don't use a can, there's probably no benefit to you.

Absolutely...

As soon as you perform a IAD, you will know the difference.  The PRI handle is much more solid and you don't feel the flex you would usually get from a std handle.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#9]
wow, thank you everyone for the helpful responses. Esp. those nice pics comparing the two together. That REALLY answers allot of questions for those who dont see the difference. Jason, you should put those pics on your site. Im going to have to get one after seeing the obvious difference.
thanks all,
Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top