Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 5:04:54 PM EDT
A friend of mine just got a POF lower with the HK pictograms and has it mated with a 16" heavy barrel upper and SIR #50. We went to the range and he was getting double and triple shots. He even had some rounds go off when RELEASING the trigger. I did a field strip on it and all seemed OK save one item, the safety. A normal safety will click into place when going from safe to fire and back. The safety on this POF power does not click and feels like something is missing/broken, however in inspecting it there was no broken/missing parts. Could this problem be connected with the safety?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A friend of mine just got a POF lower with the HK pictograms and has it mated with a 16" heavy barrel upper and SIR #50. We went to the range and he was getting double and triple shots. He even had some rounds go off when RELEASING the trigger. I did a field strip on it and all seemed OK save one item, the safety. A normal safety will click into place when going from safe to fire and back. The safety on this POF power does not click and feels like something is missing/broken, however in inspecting it there was no broken/missing parts. Could this problem be connected with the safety?

Please have your "friend" contact us direct, if their is a problem with his lower.
Best regards,

POF-USA

Many thanks. Will do. He is a fellow LEO and is going to use it for his patrol rifle duties, however he can not given the problem.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes Just give POF a call. They have top notch customer service. They are pretty busy but will call you back if neccesary.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I am very impressed.

I emailed POF about the issue I was having with my POF lower, as stated above. I recieved a response within an hour as to what steps I need to take to rectify my current dilema. POF has my respect, thankyou Frank.

Thomas
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am very impressed.

I emailed POF about the issue I was having with my POF lower, as stated above. I recieved a response within an hour as to what steps I need to take to rectify my current dilema. POF has my respect, thankyou Frank.

Thomas

Hey dude, nice to see you on here. Glad Frank took care of ya. Call me, I want to here what he told you to do.

Hey Tom, you want me to host that pic for ya?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]
So basically, instead of just asking help from a problem, keeping the name of the manufacturer out of it, you publically called out the manufacturer without calling them first.

Classy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Naming the maker of a part he is having a problem with is not "calling out" anything. He already emailed POF and they said send it in. We were looking for an alternative to that. Leave your bullshit remarks in GD where they belong and get out of this thread.

Why is it that you cant even ask a tech question without some asshat causing a problem in every thread on ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:50:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Naming the maker of a part he is having a problem with is not "calling out" anything. He already emailed POF and they said send it in. We were looking for an alternative to that. Leave your bullshit remarks in GD where they belong and get out of this thread.

Why is it that you cant even ask a tech question without some asshat causing a problem in every thread on ARFCOM?

This problem could happen with any LPK. It's not like the operation of the POF LPK is any different than any other LPK out there. If there was a problem relating to specific gas piston system then I'd say go ahead and ID.

It's all about common courtesy to these guys. Give them a chance to make it right. If they don't respond or fail to make it right, call 'em out. But when they offer to fix it why ID the maker?

What you also forgot to mention in your original post is 'your friend" already emailed POF and they were going to make it right.

Why is it that a manufacturer can't even take care of a problem without some asshat calling them out in a thread in ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:11:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This problem could happen with any LPK. It's not like the operation of the POF LPK is any different than any other LPK out there. If there was a problem relating to specific gas piston system then I'd say go ahead and ID.

It's all about common courtesy to these guys. Give them a chance to make it right. If they don't respond or fail to make it right, call 'em out. But when they offer to fix it why ID the maker?

What you also forgot to mention in your original post is 'your friend" already emailed POF and they were going to make it right.

Why is it that a manufacturer can't even take care of a problem without some asshat calling them out in a thread in ARFCOM?

To attack me and Azmond for asking tech questions is very low and troll like. Azmond already went to POF for an answer to the problem. The response was to send the lower in to be looked at. THIS WAS NOT AN OPTION HE WAS LOOKING FOR, rather he was looking for a solution that either he or I could do without sending the lower out. I consider that a last resort option. This is a AR-15 forum and we are asking tech questions on a specific item. I would have done the same had the item been Colt, Bushmaster, RRA, ect. WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL AND WHY ARE YOU TROLLING MY THREAD???

And what's with this "friend" quotation BS? Azmond is the owner of the POF lower we are trying to fix. GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

It's people like you who are ruining this site with your attacks and Nazi opinions. Azmond and I like POF products and service. Top notch stuff. How is anything I said or asked calling the company out or ruining their rep.? I'm sure they will make it right but if there is something we can do to fix it without sending it.............
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is it that you cant even ask a tech question without some asshat causing a problem in every thread on ARFCOM?hinking.gif

t's all about common courtesy to these guys. Give them a chance to make it right. If they don't respond or fail to make it right, call 'em out. But when they offer to fix it why ID the maker?

To politely answer your question,

The lower I purchased from POF does not ( to my limited knowledge) have a generic LPK. The POF416 has one fire and two safety positions. I asked Jeff to post my question on your forum because I was not registered at the time.  

Neither Jeff nor myself made any derogatory comments about POF, I asked him to pose this genuine question because I am under a time restraint to qualify with my rifle. The hostility shown to Jeff and myself for asking advice is a bit severe if you really think about it.

To use an example, if I said my, *insert your favorite gun part here* is not functioning properly, could I have some advise on how to fix this or has this happened to anyone else; that is a legitimate question, not "calling them out".

I am also not clear on your logic that I should "call them out" if POF's upper does not function properly, but if the lower is unusable to me (full auto is fun, but not for a Patrol rifle) then I should avoid saying anything, as it would somehow hurt POF's reputation. To my (limited) knowledge, the LPK of the P416 is unique to POF or at least is not generic, and (in my belief) was not functioning properly. Is that the "death knell" to POF, I hardly think so. Had I tried to qualify with my rifle using that lower, I would have been disqualified.  Fact, not opinion, not derogatory or inflammatory.

To further explain my position, I currently employ a *insert you least favorite rail system*. If I were to have a problem with it, wouldn't identifying the manufacture (if done in a neutral fashion, which was my intention) bring together someone else that may have experienced a similar problem.

My correspondence with POF has been nothing but positive, in the past or present.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

To politely answer your question,

I'll try to explain my position again, politely

The lower I purchased from POF does not ( to my limited knowledge) have a generic LPK. The POF416 has one fire and two safety positions. I asked Jeff to post my question on your forum because I was not registered at the time.

This I did not know. Sorry. I understand this is a proprietary set of circumstances, ie two safety positions. If that was ID'ed in the original post, I certainly wouldn't have went off on a tangent.

My bad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Firing on the release of the trigger is classic disconnector issue.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#13]
dport....Let me apologise for being short with you and for not fully explaining the situation. Water under the bridge my friend.

Parts have been ordered and thanks to DevL, we are looking at the safety or disconnector as the cause. Azmond has parts enroute so a bit of bench work and test firing should give us the answer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
dport....Let me apologise for being short with you and for not fully explaining the situation. Water under the bridge my friend.

I apologize for my conduct as well.

Cheers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top