Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 5:40:01 PM EDT
I just saw some PMC Korean XM193 in brown boxes for sale for $3 a box.  They had sealed primers [orange gunk], Annealed cases, and Blunt looking 55 gr bullets [compared to Q3131A].  The headstamp was  93.  I didn't buy any because I vaguely remembered PMC warnings [US vs. Korean manufacture], but now I don't find the warnings I assumed would be here.

So, what has been your experience with this ammo?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I had used quite a bit of PMC in 5.56 and 30 carbine,  Korean manufactured when I started shooting I had no issues with it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just saw some PMC Korean XM193 in brown boxes for sale for $3 a box.  They had sealed primers [orange gunk], Annealed cases, and Blunt looking 55 gr bullets [compared to Q3131A].  The headstamp was  93.  I didn't buy any because I vaguely remembered PMC warnings [US vs. Korean manufacture], but now I don't find the warnings I assumed would be here.

So, what has been your experience with this ammo?

Is this new surplus ammo that has just hit the market? If so, who has it for sale?  (If you don't mind)
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been using ROK PMC for several years now. No problems and plenty accurate. Red/white/black boxes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, any sources? I'd try some.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have probably shot more of the old PMC M193 than any other 5.56mm ammo and it has always worked great for me. In fact, I still have plenty of it left over in camoflauged boxes, from various lots of 1986 manufacture. I have been shooting this ammo since I was about 12 years old, as dad bought a ton of it for our SP1's. We fired a lot of it in the 16 years since, but I still have some remaining. I wish this ammo would become available again, as I rank it right up there with Q3131A or XM193. It's good stuff.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:55:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, to answer some questions:

This is brown box ammo, packaged almost like Federal XM-193, save for lighter color boxes, contained within a wood crate that looked to hold 1000 or more rounds.  The headstamp was 93.  The Brass was annealed, and bright and shiney, showing no corrosion or other faults [in the box I opened].  If I can find the place again [see below], I will buy some and do an ammo review.  The guy behind the counter didn't have any info about if it was new surplus, or what it was...

I found it in a little gunshop I drove past in southern IL.  I am currently kicking myself for not making notes exactly where, but it was somewhere between Carbondale and Evansville IN.  I normally just stop at any gunshop or pawnshop I find, just on principle and to stretch my legs, so I don't usually pay much attention to where I am at unless there is something really spectacular about the shop.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have probably shot more of the old PMC M193 than any other 5.56mm ammo and it has always worked great for me. In fact, I still have plenty of it left over in camoflauged boxes, from various lots of 1986 manufacture. I have been shooting this ammo since I was about 12 years old, as dad bought a ton of it for our SP1's. We fired a lot of it in the 16 years since, but I still have some remaining. I wish this ammo would become available again, as I rank it right up there with Q3131A or XM193. It's good stuff.

-CH

i agree, i really like this shit. i pick it up whenever i can, even pay close to 4 bucks a box when xm or q31 isnt avalible. i havent croned it, but seems really hot, and my 4gery loves it. if you have any left over, let me know, i would love to get as much as possible.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, I figured out where I saw it, and I did not go back an buy it, so I will let y'all in on the secret.

cNc Guns and ammo
114 E Main st
Benton, Il, 62812
618-439-9053
[I have no website or Email info.]

They have what looks like most of a wood case of the stuff, probably around 1k rounds and they are asking $3 a box.

If that's of any use to anyone...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top