Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 12:42:35 PM EDT
223  Federal 69gr.SMK is $22 a box. PMC Silver line .223 69gr.SMK is $11 a box. What info.can anyone give me me about the performance and consistency of the PMC ammo. I have been shooting the BH 68gr. OTM out of my 1:9 16" M4. I like the #s of the Federal stuff but at $11 a box for the same PMC load...well I'll take the PMC if its good ammo with the same #s as the Fed. ammo.

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a box PMC and see.  If it performs the way you like, then buy it.  Same bullet, half the price, buy twice as much.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#2]
....Or just buy the Black Hills 69 gr SMK loads and not worry about it. The Black Hills blue box is cheap at $25 per 50 rd box, has good velocity, low muzzle flash and is reliable. Nobody seems to know much about the PMC 69 gr ammo yet.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Kieslers has the Federal for $12.49 per box.

[url]http://www.kieslersonline.com/product/ko_itemdetail.asp?prod=GM223M[/url]

You can't really go wrong with Black Hills either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I may be wrong but I have heard that Black Hills Blue box (reman) is not as hot as the Red box, just as reliable but not as hot.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top