Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 3:20:07 PM EDT
I am thinking of one, but would like to see what it looks like on the gun..

Thanks guys.. And Girls too!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my patrol carbine. I will have to find somewhere to host the photo so I can post it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok let's see if I can post this picture.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Does this setup cowitness the red dot on the front sight?

I am thinking of a simular setup as follows:
Rifle has carry handle upper (not detachable)
I would like to forward mount a red dot and co-witness the front sight if possible
I want a strong setup that can handle rough handling

Aimpoint carry handle foward scout scope mount
Aimpoint ML style 30mm 4 MOA scope
Aimpoint 30mm extra wide rings

Will this setup work?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are asking if my setup co-witnesses with the front sight the answer is yes. The iron sights are in the lower 1/3 of the aimpoint, the red dot sits on top of the front post. I am not sure of the setup you are asking about, but I think with the aimpoint ring it will sit too low. This is the resource I used to set my carbine up MSTN Aimpoint Mount Data Scroll down the post a little ways and you will see recommendations for carry handle mounts. I hope this helps.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#5]
This is my RRA M4 type carbine.  

I would sell the ARMS #51 SIR for $300.00 (shipped to lower 48 states).  That is just the ARMS #51 SIR, not the rifle, Aimpoint or Aimpoint mount.  

The ARMS #51 SIR has little, no hard, use.  

This setup cowitnesses the red dot on top of the front sight.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:10:15 AM EDT
[#6]
May I ask why?

When you can get a Troy MRF-C (which works with carry handle uppers) which is less expensive, lighter, and the rails are in spec (something the SIR rails do not meet).

The MRF also as a removable lower section (like the SIR) for barrel cleaning and/or installation of a M203 or 37mm Flare Launcher.

Like the SIR the MRF does not require removal of the barrel or the front sight base.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top